New Army of Two Trailer

Er..ok. It reminds me of gears, but it has too many generic sound FX. Animations on the bad guys when getting shot is rather bad as well. I can tell already that bleeping out of curse words is going to get VERY annoying if thats in game like that.

This should be a interesting game if they reach their goals (althought not big hopes for a EA game), it also looks good (not that good).

BTW they misquoted Megadeath is "Killing is my bussiness and bussines is good" not "Overcomming obstacles".

yea i dont need to hear anymore of those terrible scripted comments to know i'd want to thrash my ears after about 2 minutes.

certainly looks like its catering to an audience of 12 yearold action cartoon lovers.

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks interesting, but not terribly innovative. It looks like an FPS with some cool elements tacked on.

Well, we'll see, I guess. The Splinter Cell heritage is really obvious in the video. I hope the quality carries over.

OMG! Two person vehicle! Back-to-back cover! :oops: Innovation at its finest.

Dragging the second player while he's down is kinda funny...especially since he can still fire. :LOL: That's about the only new thing I've seen.

where exactly is this innovation that Gears apparently has none of?

the pushing over an oject to make cover? wow.... Thanks be to EA for saving the games industry with such unbridled innovation.

Looks cool but I guess I would like to see more of the actual gameplay camera. I wonder how the camera will be when you are getting dragged by your buddy and you can still shoot. Graphics are certainly good though. :)

It's not sarcasm and I've never played Chaos Theory's coop.
What are you talking about?
I'm talking about the fact that Chaos Theory's coop is anything but quality, even after multiple patchs it is a glitchy and inherently lag ridden mess.

I'm talking about the fact that Chaos Theory's coop is anything but quality, even after multiple patchs it is a glitchy and inherently lag ridden mess.
Well, that's one review of one aspect of one Splinter Cell game. I don't see how that really stands against what I said.

It's the way the game is, both on the PC and the Xbox, both just about as far from 'quality' as you can get. That's not just my review either, I assure you that you won't find a conflicing one, and my point is simply that we should the Splinter Cell heritage you mention doesn't rub off on this coop game.

If this is just going to be a third-person online Halo co-op then I doubt it will work out very well. Gears of War had very important mechanics that you would constantly use, this kind of looks like a shoot-em-up.

Yeah, color me amused! This looks like it could be a solid game. Co-op is where it's AT in my book. Of course they could also fuck it up royally. I saw very little in-game camera action, and that bothers me. I'm also not generally really thrilled with 3rd person shooters, but, hey, a lot of them have been very well-done so I guess I have to like them. I just find them less immersive and harder to aim (and usually feel your character obscures too much screen). Still, seems like more of a breath of fresh air than most of the shooters I've played recently, and really only for its emphasis on 2P coop.

Back