New are you ready video

o dear, :(

I guess thats what happens when you miss a product cycle and the PR team have too much time on their hands?

Just how much better than the R300 do they think this thing will be with current CPU bottlenecks.

Talk about setting yourself up for a fall :rolleyes:

Onslaught: I agree... somehow mentioning GeForce4 spoils it. with GeForce 256 DDR it could sound something that might maybe convince me... but now it's something I call as "mainonnan lässyn lässyä." ;)

Re: o dear, :(

Seiko said:
I guess thats what happens when you miss a product cycle and the PR team have too much time on their hands?

Time on their hands? They put that thing together in about half an hour on their AIW.

Am I the only one who felt that Nvidia was trying NOT to make this appear serious? I mean the whole things feels very much like a spoof of the typical Hollywood movie trailer rather than an imitation. Anyway, head over to apple.com and watch the "Comedian" movie teaser to see what I mean... ;)

Yeah, it seems more like a joke than actual marketing. It's almost as silly as the "NV30 25,000 3dmarks R400 35,000 3dmarks" thing.

I like this line: ;)

...one renegade company stands alone...

So now nVidia isn't the leader of the 3D industri anymore, but a renegade company? Renegade sounds more like the image of a company fighting everything the present leaders stand for! :p

LeStoffer said:
I like this line: ;)

...one renegade company stands alone...

So now nVidia isn't the leader of the 3D industri anymore, but a renegade company? Renegade sounds more like the image of a company fighting everything the present leaders stand for! :p

Well, to take it to another level, ALL the graphics card/chip companies are renegades compared to Intel. Many people in the mainstream would have you believe that graphics cards have become commodity items, and something like integrated graphics from Intel will take over the market eventually. Of course, these are the same people who think we don't need anymore CPU speed for the average user also (which has been said at EVERY generation of computer hardware since 80386 timeframe or before).

Though, of course, I think Nvidia is just having a little fun. And besides, everyone wants to be the renegade. It's cool. 8)

And besides, everyone wants to be the renegade. It's cool

Washing all that hair would be a nightmare. Plus, I bet he gets all kind of bugs and stuff stuck in it riding that bike...

Tongue was very firmly in cheek in that video. Plus, they implicitly mention the unexpected product delays: the chip is the result of 'persistence' and 'perseverance'.

I think it's kind of an internal, morale-boosting type video to keep the troops motivated while they are in the last push. As marketing, it's aimed at a very select audience.

Where exactly can you find "Are You Ready" linked to the main nVidia site anyways? I can't find it anywhere.

Is "Are you ready" even intended to be exposed to the public at all? It looks more like nVidia isn't ready.

If it wasn't intended to be viewed by the public it would be access restricted. It's probably 'leaked' out, otherwise there would be no reason to gradually update the link every few days or leak the twintexel pass for the little n at the bottom etc etc.

Gollum said:
Am I the only one who felt that Nvidia was trying NOT to make this appear serious? I mean the whole things feels very much like a spoof of the typical Hollywood movie trailer rather than an imitation. Anyway, head over to apple.com and watch the "Comedian" movie teaser to see what I mean... ;)
Yup. We do that sort of thing all the time, at our company . . . we don't use it for marketing, though--but then, we're not American. ;)

ta,
-Sascha.rb

BoddoZerg said:
Where exactly can you find "Are You Ready" linked to the main nVidia site anyways? I can't find it anywhere.

Is "Are you ready" even intended to be exposed to the public at all? It looks more like nVidia isn't ready.
One word: Guerilla Marketing.

OK, that was two words. But you get the idea.

ta,
-Sascha.rb

You guys are too fragile. It's like nvidia says anything and a whole bomb explodes on ati did this first, or ati is better, or nvidia rules or blah blah blah. Me personally, i feel this video is a marketing strategy by nvidia. I feel it is a way to take our money, but i must admit it is creative, and me i will give my money to them when the nv30 comes out, i'm getting it first day, just like millions of other "intelligent and wise" people... :)

Gollum said:

Exactly!
You may not like how thier marketing ppl get the job done, but they definately know how to do thier job. The best in the graphics industry imo.
You couldn't possibly think a marketing team like thiers could do something like that unless it was a spoof.

Fuz

Oh wow, did you catch that? There is a guy in the video wearing a white T-shit! A white t-shirt with some sort of blue drawing on the back!!! Do you realize what that means?!

Back