Need Help

Wolfie

Newcomer
Hi all im new here so first things first a big HELLO to everyone...

Ok guys im not sure what this problem is, i play a game called (call of duty 2 & World of Warcraft) and cod2 i was getting an average fps of 125 at regualr periods, and as for world of warcraft was also getting a regular 60fps which is quiet normal, but the past 10days or so ive been getting really worrying fps readings for both games, i get an fps around 60 for cod2 now and for world or warcraft a fps aslow as 8fps and i cant understand why, ive tried running a spyware and viris scan but all was ok, so i decided to open system up and give it a good clean including graphics card, then put eveythink back together and tried both games but still poor fps, ive since updated the drivers but again with no look so here i am posting for your help, does anyone know what the problem could be, the system i have is listed in my signature i hope you can help me as i dont knwo what else to do. .

Ps Just tried a 3dmark 06 and the score i get is shockingly low at 1743

Right on 10/04/07 i did a complete format and complete reinstall, with all latest drivers amd installed both games i play, and sad to say no change at all, wow is still unplayable with major low fps, and cod2 isnt much better, i really cannot understand this at all system as been fine but now this......sigh

Cheers All

First things first: clean out your case with compressed air. Especially all fans and heat spreaders. Do it outside. ;)

Sounds terrible! I sympathize. Well, if you've reinstalled windows and cleaned the computer physically, the only logical step I see is to test that graphics card. Do you have a friend with an AGP or PCIE slot you can borrow? Oh, one other thing occurred to me -- do you have a child or anyone who might have changed BIOS settings? If so, might want to check those, or return the BIOS to default settings (I tend to use computer problems as an excuse to update all my BIOS/firmware/software)...

Right, well before you go tearing your system apart trying to find that one piece of hardware (if that's even the problem, which I doubt it is), let's go for something more simple;

A full list of your system specs (Videocard, CPU, motherboard and any overclocks or such applied), what Drivers you're using and so on. Any one of these things can easily bring your system to it's knees via a ridiculous fault any time of the day, so it's better to try and fix it sittin on your ass then run about swapping hardware ;) If you've got a problematic driver, then even after a reinstall it could still very well give you hell (oh, the rhymes!), same goes for a dodgy BIOS setting, an overclock gone wrong, or perhaps a new piece of software/antivirus that's chewing up CPU cycles (that would be the simplest excuse by far).

Let us know...

Mmmm dont know why my signature didnt work but anyway :-

Lian-Li PC-7 PLUS (TOWER)
MSI K8N Neo2 Platinium (MOBO)
A64 3700+ San Diego 90nm (CPU)
GeIL 2GB (2x1GB) PC3200 CAS3 (MEMORY)
LG GSA-H10ABAL 16x16 DVD±RW Dual Layer ReWriter (DVD_RW)
Soundblaster Audigy2 ZS (SOUNDCARD)
ATI Sapphire Radeon X800XL 256MB (AGP)(Graphics Card)
Enermax Noisemaker 485w (PSU)
WIN XP-PRO (OS)

Right the drivers for my ati card are the latest 7.13, erm i dont have a clue what version of bios i have sorry, and that goes for the onboard chipset drivers but im using that come with the cd.

Going back to the bios i dont really touch that i have reset it to default, but only things i change is turn floppy off as dont have one, boot startup which i set to hd only, i then change the graphic card type from PCI to AGP, other then that i dont touch the bios as i dont have a clue what im doing in there although there could be things i need to change i dont know.

I will say a big THANK YOU to those that have replied im very gratefull and i hope we can soret my problem, i will say my system dont ever crash or get those blue error screens and thats another reason i dont understand why im having problems playing games, before last tuesday everythinks been great but since then everythinks been hell, its not as if ive added new hardware or even software if things are right i try to leave it lol, think some1 asked about the world of warcraft latest patch and tbh i dont know what version it is as when i start wow up and if theres any updates needed it does them automaticly oh hold on will go check my wow directory...... ok i think its (Patch 2.0.12).

Anyway if you guys need to know anythink else please ask me.

Again thanks.

Back