Need help with computer+dvd player

markvaid

Newcomer
Hey guys,
Just recently i bought a dvd player for my room, and i've been wanting to hook up my computer to my tv. I have a BFG 6600 GT, and it has a s-video, and it has that adapter where you can plug a yellow video in cable, if you don' t have a S-video jack in your tv. My tv doesn't have s-video, and when i connected my comp to my tv everything worked fine, i could see the desktop but there's these annoying lines running throught the screen. I figured this is because my tv doesn't have s-video. My dvd player on the other hand has s-video. I'm wondering if i can hook up my s-video cable from my video card to my dvd, and then see my computer on the tv through the dvd. (line 1 or something)?. I tried it, didn't work, but maybe i did something wrong, or is it impossible? thanks

markvaid said:
Hey guys,
Just recently i bought a dvd player for my room, and i've been wanting to hook up my computer to my tv. I have a BFG 6600 GT, and it has a s-video, and it has that adapter where you can plug a yellow video in cable, if you don' t have a S-video jack in your tv. My tv doesn't have s-video, and when i connected my comp to my tv everything worked fine, i could see the desktop but there's these annoying lines running throught the screen. I figured this is because my tv doesn't have s-video. My dvd player on the other hand has s-video. I'm wondering if i can hook up my s-video cable from my video card to my dvd, and then see my computer on the tv through the dvd. (line 1 or something)?. I tried it, didn't work, but maybe i did something wrong, or is it impossible? thanks

Unless the DVD player's s-video is a pass-through (video in), then it would be similar to plugging output to output -- it won't work.

Back