N3 new screenshots

Not optimized.

Alstrong said:
IGN has some new screenshots. Main character detail is pretty amazing IMO. The skin looks very well done.

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/747/747832/img_3383933.html
Lotsa people in this screenshot, but I hope they fix the look of the background there. ;)

Thank you for posting this link my friend but I am sorry I do not like image so much. Draw distance is very bad, all characters have same movement timing and grass is "sprite" bitmap type. I thought specular highlight should be more also but I think it is "evening" scene not day but not night so maybe light is not so strong except they make feet have very large shine, I do not know why. But shadows are missing also. LOD is good design because you can see detail change but is not suddenly like Halo2 so you must look to carefully for this. But because of other problems I feel is not optimized (yet). Maybe next month shots is better no?

er...what exactly is bad with using sprites for grass? 3D grass would be such a waste of rendering power since you're in 3rd person and battling people who are significantly taller than the grass.

The screenshot I linked to could very well have been made in the middle of a heat wave animation, which wouldn't surprise me given that similar things were done in Kingdom Under Fire.

As for the troops moving in-sync... I don't see why there is a fuss about that considering that militaries generally want in-sync motion during a march. In any case, I wouldn't worry too much considering it wasn't a glaring issue in KUF.

Last edited by a moderator:
Other shots

Alstrong said:
IGN has some new screenshots. Main character detail is pretty amazing IMO. The skin looks very well done.

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/747/747832/img_3383933.html
Lotsa people in this screenshot, but I hope they fix the look of the background there. ;)

I just saw other shots on IGN (before I only saw big shot you posted with many characters) and other shots with main character are much better. I think background is sometimes not so great but main character and effects is always very nice. Also effects look nice. But even other shots I feel are not true Xbox360 level.

Back