New GTA 4 screens

I don't think "refused" is the right angle for the situation. Here is the origin of that statement.

1UP: Why didn't you show Grand Theft Auto IV at your press conference? Why was it not there?
Tretton: Well, Dave [Karraker, Senior Director of Corporate Communications at Sony Computer Entertainment America], do you want to answer that? Dave was in control of the content.

Karraker: You want the real answer?

1UP: Can you give me both answers?

Tretton: [laughs]

Karraker: I'll give you the real answer. They didn't send us their video.

1UP: So it's not anything like "well, the game's been shown on Xbox 360..."

Karraker: We requested it. We sent an e--mail out to every publisher and said send us your videos that you want put in the press conference, and they never sent it. Not much more you can say about that.

1UP: Can you guys say if you're going after any exclusive content ala Microsoft's two episodic entries?

Tretton: We have some pretty good information in terms of what our plans are with Take-Two relative to GTA4, but I really want to make sure we get you all the exact facts, so we can get you something from Dave pretty shortly. [Phil Harrison dodged a similar question from 1UP last week, as well. "...we're actually working closely with them [Rockstar] on a number of initiatives, so I do know some things that are going on, but I'm not able to share those with you now," he said. -- Ed]

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3161348

I just don´t hope the framerate from the trailers is what we end up with in the final game. In the 2nd trailer there are some real low moments for examlpe on the bridge, and during the car chase.

Theres new info about GTAIV, and new screens, though its more of a magazine scan so I cant post it :|

* The game will no longer have Ammu Nation shops.
* That sleazy girl with the lollipop? Her name is Lola and she's a prostitute, not a showgirl, and those are not yellow feathers in her hair that's ... never mind.
* Staying true to the New York City feel, cabs will be available in the game. Once in a cab, you can mark any point on the map and it will take you there. Alternately, there will be context sensitive cab situations -- for example, if you're hungry, the cab will take you to the nearest restaurant; if you're injured, you will be taken to the hospital.
* The new in-game GPS system not only will put your points of destination on the map, but there will also be a line showing you the best route to get there.
* After hopping in a cab, you can "fast travel" to where you need to be, or you can enjoy the view of the city.

If youre wondering, its from NeoGAF ok? ;)

Personally, to me the main draw of a "next gen" GTA game is not the missions or minigames, but just to cruise around the new, detailed environment and listen to the radio channels. I will be doing the missions, but just so I get access to better stuff.
I got pretty much enough of the gameplay aspect with Vice City, San Andreas, Liberty City Stories and the two PSP games, so I'm kinda bored to do those similar missions all over again.
Hopefully GTA4 has something new to offer in gameplay too.
Still, GTA4 is among my top 5 most anticipated games list, GTA's are now more of a "chillout experience" to me than games.

Online modes. You would think they'd look into that in the next gen.

I remember reading something about R* comfirming online but they haven't talked about it.

Since the PSP versions of GTA have some very popular multi-player modes over wifi for up to eight players, I'm fairly sure that next-gen GTA will feature some nice multi-player online.

scenario deathmatches/team deathmatch. I think most people want coop play through the main story though or at least the ability to free roam and do missions.

I want 2 things they aren't gonna happend, but would be awesome.

1. I want a superb GTA MMO.

2. I would love to see a "gang\mafia" based multiplayer team deathmatch thingy. With this i mean, persistant server worlds. You log into some kind of server cluster, make a character, and join a gang. The different gangs are constantly battling it out over different areas. Gangs that own areas can earn money from that to buy better stuff.

It certainly looks like the game will be better than it's previous gen iterations, at least. ;)

Biggest thing that is worrying me now is that I find the main character we see in most pictures to be incredibly un-appealing. It'll be terribly hard to identify him. I wish you could play some other characters. In fact, the whole plot aspect of GTA has never appealed to me. It's all gangster this, gangster that. I certainly would like a GTA where you can play a cop, but I don't think that'll be in the cards anytime soon.

Hopefully though we do get a GTA MMO, that could really work.

I certainly would like a GTA where you can play a cop, but I don't think that'll be in the cards anytime soon...

250px-

In Crackdown, players take the role of an Agent, a superhuman Police Officer with a range of superhuman capabilities, developed by a syndicate of law enforcement organizations known only as the Agency. The Agent's mission is to destroy the 3 organized crime syndicates that control the futuristic metropolis of Pacific City; the Central American Los Muertos, Eastern European Volk, and East Asian Shai-Gen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crackdown

;)

Last edited by a moderator:

There have been a few games that were much closer to GTA than Crackdown that have tried this, but they never had as good a world system. ;)

Ah, I found the one I was looking for:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/True_Crime:_Streets_of_LA

Found it through this rather interesting wiki page :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GTA_clone

Edit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/APB_(computer_game)

Huh! An upcoming MMO by GTA and Crackdown creator David Jones.

Last edited by a moderator:
Huh! An upcoming MMO by GTA and Crackdown creator David Jones.

Ancient news!

All Points Bulletin was announced in 2005, it allows players to play as either side, cops or robbers, in a huge open MMO cities. The announcement trailer looked pretty good (CG) but we haven't heard a peep since...

Back