My thoughts on Origin, Odyssey and Valhalla

You can edit after you've got a few posts under your belt but I don't know how many.

I couldn;t agree more on the cartoony look of AC:Odyssey. Are you playing on PC or console? On PC you can mod that look out of it. Check out these posts on the screenshots thread for how I'm playing it:

https://forum.beyond3d.com/posts/2202259/

https://forum.beyond3d.com/posts/2204258/

That looks alot better!
I play on console so I can´t mod anything.
I suppose you can change the camera as well to make it more immersive?

I get what you're getting at but this is part of the game mechanics. Stealth attacks do more damage because the enemy is unaware. When the enemy has followed you to the last point he saw you, he is aware that you are around somewhere even if he cannot see you.

Its a matter of taste I suppose. Origins handled it like the way i described. Since I enjoy the stealth gameplay and fantasy in these games alot more it suits me better. It works better for selling you that assasin ninja fantasy for me :)

That looks alot better!
I play on console so I can´t mod anything.
I suppose you can change the camera as well to make it more immersive?

You can change the field of view but not the actual camera position (unless there's a mod for it, I haven't checked that out).

I´ve started playing Origins again on my XSX. It´s as good as I rembered it being when I played it for the first time a year ago.

One thing I think really makes it look so good is that you can often see alot of different types of environments. You might see a city closest to you, then farmlands and palmtrees, followed by a desert, and finaly mountains on the horizon.
It makes the world look huge and epic, and its also aesthetically very pleasing with all these distinct types of environments with different pallets in one shot. The warm color pallet is very nice as well.

The buildings are huge which gives a great sense of scale.

The cities doesnt seem to have too much stuff to do. In Valhalla the map is cluttered with like every little treasure you can find.

Back