My 1st Ps3 problem...

sevanig

Regular
Just borrowed Uncharted from a mate, while playing the 1st level, as a cut scene started playing the game froze. :O

So I restarted the ps3 the game would not get past the 1st loading screen just froze again with looping audio...

Restarted the ps3 again, now I got a hard disc corrupted message, asking me to restore the file system, I do that but freezes again, it just keeps on looping the same thing :(

Sounds like the hard disc is fried :( I did notice a high pitched noise on startup for the past few weeks.

Hopefully it didn't format the data while recovering, I'm going to hook it up to my pc to see if there is anything on there to recover (I think ps3 is FAT32?)

Ohwell... now it gives me an excuse to get a bigger hdd :D

I'd recommend using your warranty, that way even if you buy an extra HDD, you have two HDDs, one spare. And maybe they can restore some of your data in the process. And potentially, it's not hte harddrive but the controller that's borked, and it could damage your new HDD as well.

For the internal drive, I don't think it matters as the PS3 formats it. For an external drive it should be formatted to Fat32 for use.

I knew that the external used FAT32, I had assumed that the internal did also. I guess that was really foolish of me. Thanks for the info guys.

Yer just checked the drive, shows up as no file system, but i still checked the sectors, it has 0.5% bad sectors...

dunno if i should get a new hdd or just checkdisk it? 0.5% doesn't sound that bad, but it could get worse :( dont want this to happen again...

I cant be arsed to return the whole ps3 to sony, I just want to play uncharted (still borrowing it from my friend)

Back