5 bullshit PS4 features

5 bullshit features? Well, I know one bullshit feature: the touchpad on the controller

Doesn't count as a feature really, but the overall design of PS4 controller is pretty bullshit, with all the nooks and crannies where dust and finger-grime accumulates... Yuck! Xbone controller has it sooo whupped, design-wise.

That's classic...the finger-grime is famous on previous gen consoles and PC keyboards and mouse...fast food restaurant doors, traffic light buttons...sometimes unwashed restaurant utensils :eek: :runaway:

I thought it was a corny feature but as I remember it was optional in use.

PS3 had more features and later x360 had more features...weird how they were missing and cut...It's like they're playing volleyball with gamers tech...

the bigger issue for me is the battery life on the controller. I mean it's manageable as I sit close to an electric socket and can charge it, but I feel a bit silly after watching 3 or so Blu-ray movies that ok I guess it's time to charge the controller again...

That is my only complaint ! Its a bloody wired controller as far as i am concerned :devilish: ! The only reason I am not that annoyed is that I shifted to gaming on my monitor, so I am sitting right next to my console all the time, so don't notice that the controller is almost always connected to it.

If I had been playing on my tv like my ps3......god I would have beenvery angry as it would have meant sitting on the floor in front of the TV to keep the DS4 connected !!!

The only way to keep it ready for play is to keep it plugged in and put some thing on download in rest mode..

That is my only complaint ! Its a bloody wired controller as far as i am concerned :devilish: ! The only reason I am not that annoyed is that I shifted to gaming on my monitor, so I am sitting right next to my console all the time, so don't notice that the controller is almost always connected to it.

If I had been playing on my tv like my ps3......god I would have beenvery angry as it would have meant sitting on the floor in front of the TV to keep the DS4 connected !!!

The only way to keep it ready for play is to keep it plugged in and put some thing on download in rest mode..
How many hours do you guys play on a row? The battery can last around 4-5 hours if you dim the light. It also depends on the game. Games that use the microphone a lot deplete the battery. Regardless when I had one controller every time I stopped playing I connected the controller on my PS4 and it was recharged. I would have had a battery issue if I was playing for way too many hours straight
Of course when I bought another controller I had one on the PS4 constantly and I was using the other without recharging until the batter was depleted and switched over

5 bullshit features? Well, I know one bullshit feature: the touchpad on the controller.

Don't know what they were smoking when they dreamt that one up, but it's completely useless.

I agree that It may well be completely useless in most games and probably in the games you played, but it's really useful in the rare games that do use it well like Killzone, Far Cry 4 and particularly The Witcher 3 where it is used to replace 3 short cuts (short press, long press, quick swipe).

What's really bullshit are the thumb sticks of the DS4 that are way too small and waaayyyy too slippy. Hopefully you can change them really easily and cheaply, but I still can't believe Sony continue to sell those crappy ones in every PS4 sold.

Dear Mods, could you please move this thread to Console => Console Industry.

Useless anti-PS4 rants don't belong in the section about games. If you have problems with the feature set of the PS4, just don't buy one.

Useless anti-PS4 rants don't belong in the section about games. If you have problems with the feature set of the PS4, just don't buy one.

Since a mod contributed to this thread, I'm guessing they don't care. Make an anti-XB1 thread in the wrong sub forum and see how long it lasts ;)

I dont know what you're talking about. It looks to be in Console Industry, now ...

;)

Since a mod contributed to this thread, I'm guessing they don't care. Make an anti-XB1 thread in the wrong sub forum and see how long it lasts ;)

The firmly in the green team mod will ban him before he's clicked the post button.

Can we hold hands and cry together?

This thread, however, is not communicating anything to sony, it's just people venting frustration. Nothing good can come of this...
1) Vents are good for dealing emotionally with frustration
2) Sometimes you can be corrected. It's not unusual in the heat of major annoyances to become blind-sided and see things as worse than they are. In sharing your view, some kind soul can point out things aren't so bad, or where there's a solution
3) Sometimes critical mass happens. The U-turn changes made to XB1 happened without 'the internet' using an official discussion board to request them. Everyone just bitched like whiny girls and MS heard the gestalt and responded.

So use the forums and rants to get over the emotions of lost saved games and lost free time, and then when you're more composed use official channels to levy sensible, considered requests sans emotional outburst. And then when the company doesn't follow through, bitch like a diva!

Fair enough, these are all good points.

But the MS u-turn was a spcial case. It was after E3, when they saw the abysmal preorder numbers, they ridiculed any criticism as vocal minority until the last minute. The bitching was warranted then, because there was no proper channel, and even journalists were silenced. Angry Joe have a separate video explaining how he managed to pass a question from his readers about DRM, and how the PR attack dogs control all the questions.

Today both sony and MS have a more open discussion. The MS u-turn was a race against time, impacting the entire console industry while contracts were being signed for the next generation. This wasn't a minor thing about bugs and missing features and battery life issues. The things being discussed here are not willful by sony or ms, they don't want to have bugs or to delay features, they just failed to deliver them.

But yeah maybe venting is more important than I made it out to be.

This thread, however, is not communicating anything to sony, it's just people venting frustration. Nothing good can come of this (other than a mix of entertainment and sympathy)

Eh? There has been some good. The OP found out that one of his complaints wasn't valid as the feature he wanted does work.

People may also be able to offer workarounds for issues on the machine. Like Novcze did with the eject issue.

And then, of course, there's what Shifty mentioned in that just being able to vent can be carthartic.

Regards,
SB

I just have a nice stand where I park the controllers when not in use that happens to recharge them as well. Definitely takes at least 8 hours to drain them though, but yes coming from the DS3 that's a downgrade. Even the DS3 was a serious downgrade from the six axis though, but nobody complained then about the loss of well over 50% of battery life because vibration was apparently well worth it. ;)

Back