Music

Frank

Certified not a majority
Veteran
I can go totally ballistic from the right music. Like:

1. The Art of Noise - Moments In Love (the piece that starts with the piano).

Best piece of music I know, ever.

2. Simple Minds - Sons and Fascination & Sister Feelings Call

Simply Totally

3. Gruppo Sportivo

Totally crazy and adoring.

4. The The

Best band ever.

5. Prefab Sprout

When I want to feel good.

I could go on, but 5 sounds just right. :)

Then again:

6. Propaganda - A secret Wish

Just WOW.

7. The Cure - A forest

What can I say?

1. The Art of Noise - Moments In Love (the piece that starts with the piano).

Best piece of music I know, ever.

I quite liked AoN when I was in my teens and early tweens. I still remember this performance and a couple of others they did on The Tube in 198x, albeit mostly because I was gob-smacked by the length of the blonde birds hair :)

Not sure I'd put much of theirs in the Best Music Evah category though I have to say.

There's an almost unlimited amount of different versions of Moments in Love.

For example, this one is a very orchestral one.

This one is my favorite "classical" version.

And this one is my absolute favorite one.

Except...

When I was in the army, one of my mates had a room in the administrative complex, and a few times each week we would smoke a few huge joints (which most of us did every day, so that's not the special part), and when we had had enough, we would turn his very expensive stereo to max and listen to some great music.

My favorite was a tape with four, very distinct versions of Moments in Love, of which the third one (the longest) was my absolute flip-out-high record one. It had a lot of different instrumentals, of which the most pronounced one was a few reoccurring, rolling balls. You'll know what I mean when you hear it.

But I haven't been able to find that one afterward. I would be very happy if someone could point me to it.

Edit: I found a short version of the first part of it: here!!! (Don't mind the talking at the start, it seems to be "Love beat", the B-side of the single.)

But that is without the best part.

Edit2: this is a better version of that first part. I expect I am looking for the extended version.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back