[multi] Hawken - A Mecha UE3 Game

Also, I wonder what colour palette we'll see in the SP. The new lighting solution looks great, but so far we've seen outdoor sunny environments. For example, Hawken has a colour palette that would fit Gears nicely:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRd7aBSlOvE

(Also UE3)

Wow didn't know about Hawken and UE3 looks amazing as well. That one looks to have a Armored Core color palette. From the third Gears video posted above it looks like there's that turqoise color palette in some of the shaded sections. Anyway the foliage looks so beautiful in that higher res Gears video.

That was intense o_O Hard to beleive that was a 5vs5 match. Looked more action packed than Battlefield lol.

Also, I wonder what colour palette we'll see in the SP. The new lighting solution looks great, but so far we've seen outdoor sunny environments. For example, Hawken has a colour palette that would fit Gears nicely:

(Also UE3)

Holy Shit ! That Hawken looks freakin amazing ! UE3 is really going places now and add to that by an indie team in just 9 months !

Holy Shit ! That Hawken looks freakin amazing ! UE3 is really going places now and add to that by an indie team in just 9 months !

Yea, as I said in the Hawken thread, it's probably the best looking UE3 game to date, it really does look absolutely stunning, love the huge towering manga style buildings.

I wonder if they've made any upgrades to the engine or are just using vanilla UE3, if they haven't it certainly would show how big a difference art makes!

Looks pretty awesome indeed! It's online only though is it? Publishers should get on with it and give them the budget to make an epic campaign.

The new lighting solution looks great, but so far we've seen outdoor sunny environments. For example, Hawken has a colour palette that would fit Gears nicely:

(Also UE3)
Wow, pretty impressive stuff for such a small team. It actually reminds me a lot more of Killzone 3 than Gears, because of the setting. I think this game shows how KZ2 should look, colour wise, imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, pretty impressive stuff for such a small team. It actually reminds me a lot more of Killzone 3 than Gears, because of the setting. I think this game shows how KZ2 should look, colour wise, imo.

KZ2 looks amazing the way it is colour wise. Hawken does too... it's a bit inane to make a statement like "this is how KZ2 should look" when you're not the art director working on KZ2.

Anways Hawken is a very very beautiful game and it gave me memories of the old "Patlabor" and "Battle Angel Alita" manga anime movies of my younger days...
you know, before anime went to shit ;-)

I just love Mech games and i can't wait for this.

The devs are aparently only 9 guys and all former members of the Project Offset team.

If i was Sony i'd definitely buy them :D

Yup, those designs remind me of KZ2 too. Great stuff !

This should have a campaign or atleast have bots so one can mess around in thos beautiful environments :) !

You can blame Intel for that since they bought the PO technology.

That's what happens when you sell yourself to a company who doesn't do games as a core business. When Intel scrapped Larribee, it was easy to scrap the people who they bought to do tools and a flagship game. Games aren't Intel's business, so they didn't care about throwing away Project Offset.

Back