Movie Reviews 2.0

I'll give District 9 a 7/10. It was basically an action/thriller, and not a bad one. It starts in that documentary style. It really doesn't have anything intelligent to say about racism, or try to make much of a statement. It isn't hard sci-fi. Just an action/thriller in sci-fi makeup.

I tend to agree with this view of the film. It's being overhyped way too much as a great piece of sci-fi when it's not.

I love Coraline! I remember seeing it with a group of friends stoned out my ass in 3D on Imax. It must be the best movie experience of the year for me so far.

Halloween 2 (2009)- 7/10

Look. I know this reviewed terribly. I also understand why people wouldn't like it, but for some odd reason I actually enjoy the Rob Zombie remakes. I can't explain it. Sometimes you gotta just enjoy the cheesiness of it all. Slasher movies are silly anyway, so the bar isn't necessarily raised that high for standards to be met.

Inglorious Basterds- 9.8/10

Tarantino's BEST movie to date. Go see it.

That's not saying much, as since Pulp Fiction all of his films have been utter shit. I nearly walked out of Kill Bill 1, and would have had the gf and her friend not been with me. He tries too hard, and fails at every attempt.

If you want to pull a funny rent From Dusk Till Dawn and watch it with some friends, but don't tell them it's a vampire movie.

I enjoyed Inglourious Basterds more than the film deserved. The basement-in-bar scene was worth the price of admission.

Last edited by a moderator:
How gory was Inglorious Basterds? Not a big fan of torture depicted on screen. I'm getting old. I really want to see the movie, but I'm not sure I want to sit through some of the content.

How gory was Inglorious Basterds? Not a big fan of torture depicted on screen. I'm getting old. I really want to see the movie, but I'm not sure I want to sit through some of the content.

I think the worst scene for gore/violence was the 'Bear Jew' (Eli Roth) bashing in a German soldier's skull with a baseball bat. Other than that, nothing else too gory.

I think the worst scene for gore/violence was the 'Bear Jew' (Eli Roth) bashing in a German soldier's skull with a baseball bat. Other than that, nothing else too gory.

As long as it isn't non-stop, I can handle it. I did watch Grindhouse without being bothered, but it was so cartoony. Once things start looking to real, or you have people being tortured and it drags on, then I start feeling like I'd rather be doing something else with my time.

The scalping's were pretty brutal, along with swastikas being carved into foreheads. Both of which were pretty graphic.

Inglorious Basterds. 9/10. Great movie all around. Tarantino's best work with Pulp Fiction. Some of the acting could have been better. The lead German really carried this movie.

AvP: Requiem. 0/10. Absolute garbage. Nothing good about it at all. Saw it a week ago and can barely recall what the hell happens in the movie. Props to my mind for getting rid of that memory....

I'd give Inglourious a 7/10. Some excellent scenes mixed in with the usual self-indulgent Tarantino bullshite. I enjoyed it though.

Hope to get the chance to see District 9 tomorrow night.

The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight ... 6/10

I have trouble not giving this a lower score, because I actively disliked this movie. This could have been a good movie - it has some interesting premises, and some actors do a fine job. But this turned out to be a convoluted mess full of glitches and inconsistencies, and one that runs on for about an hour too long and each character gets stretched either too thin, or given too little time.

The Dark Knight ... 6/10

I have trouble not giving this a lower score, because I actively disliked this movie. This could have been a good movie - it has some interesting premises, and some actors do a fine job. But this turned out to be a convoluted mess full of glitches and inconsistencies, and one that runs on for about an hour too long and each character gets stretched either too thin, or given too little time.

I enjoyed the movie a lot other than Bale's voice as Batman and also would have liked a bit more 2 face awesomeness and a different Rachael Dawes but other than that it was a fun movie.

THe Informant: 5/10 Horrible first half. Picks up the last half but ends weird. Matt Damon's performance is the only thing that gets the 5 from me. People were leaving throughout the movie. Understandable.

Back