Movie Reviews 2.0

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dresden, Jan 26, 2009.

1. London-boy

London-boy Shifty's daddy
    Legend Subscriber

Could be. But seeing how Tony Stark and Cap America were in it, I'd have thought Marvel would have had extensive work on the script at least.

2. Rurouni

Veteran

Instead going back and forth, can't you guys check it by looking at the people working on it?

London-boy likes this.
  3. London-boy

Legend Subscriber

It's a forum. We talk about stuff. We deny information that's readily available at the click of a button and confirm stuff that doesn't exist. That's what people do.

Malo, Mize, BRiT and 2 others like this.
  4. BRiT

BRiT (╯°□°)╯
    Moderator Legend Alpha Subscriber

Can't we have you do that for us?

:runaway:

Mize likes this.
  5. Laa-Yosh

Laa-Yosh I can has custom title?
    Legend Subscriber

Cheesy as it sounds, it's still movie history. Definitely the greatest build up, and probably the biggest ensemble cast, for a single movie ever. 10+ years in the making or so?

Hopefully it's gonna be at least as good as the first Avengers...

London-boy likes this.
  6. tangey

Veteran

Jeremy Renner and Scarlet Johansson were all the more noticeable by their absence, given just about everyone else (everyone ?) was there.

I have no idea what they are currently up to, but given both of them are likely more in demand than the rest of he cast, was it just a scheduling issue? Seemed strange that they/ their characters were not mentioned, or did I just miss that bit. I decided not to watch the 'trailer' given the crappy quality of it.

7. London-boy

Legend Subscriber

The trailer is out? Can't find it anywhere! Black Widow is definitely innit as they said she's now blonde. Where's the trailer!! :)

#4587 London-boy, Jul 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  8. tangey

Veteran

Its an unofficial leak but the one I saw was really "crappy video of a video using a bad phone at a less than ideal angle", which I stopped watching

9. Mize

Mize 3dfx Fan
    Moderator Legend Veteran

Yeah, watching an excited reporter prattle on about a trailer is a huge disappointment when one is expecting the link to provide the real deal

gb25, BRiT and London-boy like this.
  10. Sigfried1977

Veteran

Infinity War is another one of those films which are being split in two for maximum "artistic integrity", right? This dampens my excitement considerably.

11. Michellstar

Regular Newcomer

12. Sigfried1977

Veteran

So according to the article it's still IW1 and IW2. They've just adjusted the names ever so slightly. Never knew they intended to shoot them simultaneously, by the way. Heck, it's not like this has ever really mattered: the three overblown Hobbit movies weren't shot simultaneously either. Neither were the final two Hunger games movies or Deathly Hallows 1 and 2. In all cases the outcome was pretty similar: we got a bunch of movies with nowhere near enough story and/or action to fill their respective, absurd running times.

13. London-boy

Legend Subscriber

I think we are guaranteed an IW1 with a whole lot of story and action. I wouldn't worry about that.

14. London-boy

Legend Subscriber

Also, we're talking about a storyline that involves Thanos getting all 6 infinity gems, each one in a different part of the universe, fight or at least deceive someone for each one, then use all of them with the gauntlet, seriously f'king up the universe, then the avengers and some 30 heroes somehow beating his ass.... it's a long story line.

#4594 London-boy, Jul 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
    Laa-Yosh likes this.
  15. Lefungus

Regular Newcomer

Maybe spoilers ?
    I believe the first movie will be about Thanos retrieving the six gems, and assembling the gauntlet at the end of the movie
    The second one will be about him playing god, and his fall

16. eloyc

Veteran Regular

Alien Resurrection. I spent one third of the movie covering my eyes, saying "woooow, that is disgusting!". One thing I didn't understand is how the scientists were able to clone Ripley with an alien inside, one pack, all included... ¬_¬

Other cons are:
    - The underwater scene was cool... but the amount of time the characters spent there without breathing was highly unrealistic.
    - I'm sorry, but Dan Hedaya's looks seem more appropriate for a comedy movie. Look:
    [​IMG]
    It kinda ruined the mood.

Overall, I liked the movie, though. ^_^

17. Mize

Mize 3dfx Fan
    Moderator Legend Veteran

The Sony/Marvel comments seem to imply that the new Spiderman isn't so good...? Planning to see it Friday with the family.

18. London-boy

Legend Subscriber

It was nice! Very much down to earth, compared to the later, more totally bonkers Marvel movies such as Dr Strange or GOTG. But it was good and full of heart.

19. Mize

Mize 3dfx Fan
    Moderator Legend Veteran

Nice. I'll prefer that. Lately the superhero flicks have been too over the top with effects etc.

London-boy likes this.
  20. London-boy

Legend Subscriber

Plus, Tom Holland is a total sweetheart, and the scenes with his fat friend (can't remember the name) are very funny.