Movie Reviews 2.0

- I'm sorry, but Dan Hedaya's looks seem more appropriate for a comedy movie. Look:
latest

It kinda ruined the mood.

Overall, I liked the movie, though. ^_^

French director Jean-Pierre Jeunet fully intended Alien Resurrection to be more comedic and grotesque. And judging by the general's face, Jeunet is probably a big fan of Louis de Funes. Some of the particularly dry comedic bits worked for me (the bits with Johner and his paraplegic crewmate spring to mind), but mostly the film's just a schizephrenic mess. I hated it with a passion when I first saw it in theaters, but it has grown on me over the years.

French director Jean-Pierre Jeunet fully intended Alien Resurrection to be more comedic and grotesque. And judging by the general's face, Jeunet is probably a big fan of Louis de Funes. Some of the particularly dry comedic bits worked for me (the bits with Johner and his paraplegic crewmate spring to mind), but mostly the film's just a schizephrenic mess. I hated it with a passion when I first saw it in theaters, but it has grown on me over the years.

Maybe, but there are ways and ways to do it. Yes, there can be some jokes or funny situations here and there, and they don't break the overall mood, in my opinion, but in the middle of this quite serious setting, his "cartoony" face/facial expressions don't match with the rest, in my opinion too. It was like, say, featuring Jim Carrey in that role... XD

One thing I didn't understand is how the scientists were able to clone Ripley with an alien inside, one pack, all included..
Well our DNA contains the blueprint of what we end up as, once our cells begin to multiply and eventually form into what we are. The concept is that Ripley's DNA was modified by the alien so that the queen is part of the construction. Real science? My armchair explanation doesn't cover that.

Well our DNA contains the blueprint of what we end up as, once our cells begin to multiply and eventually form into what we are. The concept is that Ripley's DNA was modified by the alien so that the queen is part of the construction. Real science? My armchair explanation doesn't cover that.
Yeah, I know. It's just that I find way too far-fetched to create a clone "impregnated" or "infested" with such particular parasite. :-S I think that the concept of the previous 7 clones was more real, since they were one single creature with both DNAs.

Until I read that post I didnt know the film existed tnx...
Mm... it was my post and, are you being sarcastic (it wouldn't be weird in you, haha)? Like in "that movie is so crappy that it shouldn't exist".

Yes, there were things I didn't like, but as I said I enjoyed the movie, as a whole. It had some pretty intense moments.

By the way, did any of you "accept" the new character of this new Ripley, as a result of her mixed DNA? I mean, in previous movies I liked the fact that Ripley was the fucking boss without meaning it, she only had the guts to do what was needed, no matter if nobody else gave a fuck, and she didn't try to be "the boss", she just was. Now she's like "I'm awesome and I know it", and I didn't know if I liked that or not, haha.

Definitely enjoyed the latest Spiderman. Nice break from the hyperactive, overly CGI superhero flicks of late. I'd be fine with a movie or three that don't use Max Payne bullet time in every fight scene. :)

No, I honestly never knew about the film, watched it this morning quite liked it, I would of liked to have seen a lot more bad assery from ripley
I'm glad you liked it. ^_^

Davros doesn't do sarcasm. And when he does (I feel that's always), not many people get it. It's the best kind of sarcasm.
Oh, lord... just when I thought I was starting to understand that man...

Thor, who's the woman ?

I was gonna say Aquaman but then realized you were asking about the Marvel movie. I think its Lady Sif, but cant recall her having that much armor.

Back