Movie Reviews 2.0

There were separate editions for the Extended and Standard cuts in the U.S... I've seen them at walmart more than a few times. Maybe retailer/offline exclusive?

At least in Germany, the only version available for purchase is the long version. The only way to get the theatrical cut is via streaming. Maybe the DVD is shorter too, but who cares about DVDs.

That's not what it says on the back of the 'ultimate edition'. My mate, who saw the movie in cinemas, also watched the regular BR version and saw no differences, he tells me. So if you're saying the extended edition is included - well yes it is. On the 4K disc. But not on the standard BR disc. Which is just what I said! ;)

Must be a region thing because in the US you don't need to buy the 4K version to get the extended edition. You get the extended edition with the regular Blu-ray, 3D Blu-ray & the 4K Blu-ray versions. I got Best Buy's exclusive Steelbook Blu-ray which is exactly like the regular Blu-ray version except for the case. I got 3 discs(Bluray theatrical, Bluray extended & DVD theatrical).

Tommy McClain

Neither do you have to in Europe. Checked both Germany and the UK, and since Warner self-publishes, I'm pretty sure it's not gonna be any different for Sweden, or Spain, or just about any other country in Europe.

I've got the UK ultimate edition. The extended cut was never brought to Sweden for whatever reason (stupdidity, I assume), but the disc still has Swedish text, as it was obviously intended for my region. :p

I saw the poster for number 2 and it says "based on a true story"
So I'm guessing It's a film about someone going to investigate a paranormal event and finding nothing because the paranormal doesn't exist
doesn't sound like a fun film to me
Yes because no films ever are based on something that doesn't exist. You must have a very boring life.

There were separate editions for the Extended and Standard cuts in the U.S... I've seen them at walmart more than a few times. Maybe retailer/offline exclusive?

Lol I got the ultimate edition 3d blu ray in the uk and watched it a couple of weeks back. I struggled to notice the new bits but this discussion made me go back and check. Turns out the 3d version is the theatrical release and the extended version is just a 2d blu ray. My copy also includes a 2d theatrical release too. So looks like I have a date with a 2d blu ray this weekend! I'll chalk that up as a win.

Yes because no films ever are based on something that doesn't exist.

I'll spell it out for you since you dont get it,
I'm making fun of the fact this film is claimed to be based on real events it is obviously not
If it was they would of went to the house found nothing then left.

Last edited:
Well, "based" really only means that a tiny little fraction of all that nonsense had to be for real, right?

Pretty good movie all the same. First one that is. Haven't seen the second one yet.

X-Men Apocalypse: 4/10. Even worse than I thought it would be. Everything about it was so poorly written and executed. The only scene I actually enjoyed was the flash guy saving everyone in the X Mansion.

The Shallows.
Turns out watching a ridiculously hot chick battling a giant white shark for 80 minutes is exactly as entertaining as one would hope. :)

Anomalisa.
Kickstarter-financed puppet show. Weird one man pity party moving at the pace of a particularly lethargic snail. Self-absorbed and self-loathing, it's perfectly tailored to the tastes of professional critics. Everyone else might wanna steer clear of this particular experiment. Unless they're really curious about what graphic puppet sex might look like maybe. (Hint: not like it does in Team America)

Last edited:
Back