Movie Reviews 2.0

add the new Ghostbusters to that too. With women? What in gods name were they thinking.
None of the things that made the original GB good had anything to do with all of the main characters having penises. So why would it affect the movie if they don't? This is a bizarre statement.

This, I do not get.
Can't speak for anyone else but myself, but GoG didn't take itself very serious, so it was hard to take it serious. I prefer serious movies to movies where most of the characters qualify as comic relief - which in of itself is a concept I would like to drag out back and shoot through the head, by the way.

While I was aligned with the general tone of reviews for BvS, I really wasn't for Suicide Squad. I don't think its as bad as most of the reviews out there would indicate and was generally an OK bit of fun. Didn't find the editing too confusing and there was a fairly clear through line for the "plot" as well. I listen to two Film Podcasts - Wittertainment (Kermode and Mayo) and Empire Mags podcast, where Empire will be a bit more pop culture film oriented - Empires review was one of the first I saw, but at 4/5 they quickly stuck out and I wondered how they were rating it so different fro everyone else; in the end I think I'd err closer to Empire's review than others, though I'd be more in the 3/5 to 3.5/5 range I think.

The film is basically a vehicle for Will Smith and Margot Robbie to draw you in, with many of the other characters being somewhat thin. JL as the Joker wasn't there that much, but when he was I found periods where his take on the Joker was utterly compelling.

SS definitely isn't as bad as some reviews out there. Is it perfect? Of course not. Does it have that Marvel feel? Of course not. Was it great fun and with some great performances? Hell yes!

Some critics really need to lighten up.

Is the new Ghostbuters kids safe??

My nephews are over-excited because of the tv ads, they are 7 and 5 lol (i know its rated pg 14 more or less )

Last edited:
The Brothers Grimsby.

What can I say, I really like Sasha Baron Cohen, and I really liked this. It's like that spy spoof movie with Melissa Mccarthy, except it feels a lot more 90s in tone thanks to its nothing is sacred attitude.

When is Cohen not terrible and infantile...? He's had "pissing people off and masquerading it as humor" as his MO at least since Borat and probably prior to that as well (I don't follow this guy closely.)

yep but there was also a cleverness along with the crass humour, its lacking in brothers grimsby
for example "ive been shot in the shoulder by a poison dart you have to suck out the poison"
"ow ive just been shot in the testicles"

ps: ive just got the suicide squad dvd (2 disc collectors edition no less) I hope its good

ow can you have a SS DVD when the movie premiered in theatres merely weeks ago...?
Here :
yTE0cvG.jpg

That trailer suggests that this is ANOTHER stars wars universe film based around a death star ?
You must not have heard this earlier, (living under a rock) but there will be a new star wars related film every year. This is between movies 3 and 4 and focuses on non-major characters and it focuses on The First Death Star and how the Rebels get the plans to it.

From what I recall from hearing about this on the news:

In 2017 there will be Star Wars movie #8.
In 2018 there will be a Star Wars movie focused on a young Han Solo.
In 2019 there will be Star Wars movie #9.
In 2020 there will be a Star Wars movie focused on bounty hunter or Boba Fett.

You must not have heard this earlier, (living under a rock) but there will be a new star wars related film every year.

The time line of star wars film issuance is not new to me. I knew there was a separate branch in alternate years. However I'm not researching story lines or engrossed in the star wars canon. These are after all just films that entertain for a couple of hrs. I guess like most I enjoy the franchise for what it is, Sci-Fi that engages. But as someone that doesn't know the back story etc, i.e. most regular folks, I see a trailer for a different Star Wars branch, which in theory could've feature pretty much any story whatsoever, but no, it features the Death Star.

Looking at your timeline, I guess star wars #8 features the girly jedi learning the ways of the force, but leaving her master early, and ultimately coming up short, with #9 give us ultimate satisfaction.

I wonder in 2021, will we get the alternate branch featuring a story of how the old guy in the force awakens gets his bit of the map that leads to the bigger Death Star <yawn>

"Procedural Star Wars", you heard it here first.

Last edited:
Back