Movie Reviews 2.0

Really? That's pretty crap, I'd love to see Spiderman in the Marvel Cineverse.

And Avi Arad (chairman, CEO, and founder of Marvel Studios) explicitly and firmly said that Spiderman will not join the other Marvel heroes until they run out of ideas on hjis character, which will never happen as they have decades of material available to them to keep making (rubbish?) films.

I think they should just give the whole of Marvel to Joss Whedon :yep2:

There is one cool tv show which i forgot its name, but the main character is the fuc**n hot Eliza Cuthbert and there is a gay in the group. That show is pretty cool. I give it 7 out of 10. or probably 8.

Well I've just seen the new Godzilla and although a bit too melodramatic in parts, it was pretty damn good and definitely betten than I ever expected.

Well I've just seen the new Godzilla and although a bit too melodramatic in parts, it was pretty damn good and definitely betten than I ever expected.

Just came back from seeing it as well, and must say I was pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed it. Was literally on the edge of the seat more then a few times :D
(There were of course more then a few illogical things happening, but that I guess is to be expected form such a movie, and I did not bother me one bit)

They showed the trailer for the new X-Men, Days of Future Past and that film also looks to be excellent film.

Put the rest of the post behind spoiler tags in case somebody don't want to know anything about the film.
http://youtu.be/pK2zYHWDZKo

Epic trailer with the soundtrack from the Thin Red Line (journey to the line)

Oh, and one more thing. Seeing Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen back together gives me high hopes:smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
30 seconds in. I am Locutus of Borg. Seriously though, this film is going to be awesome!!

I'm guessing X-Men movie because of "I am Locutus of Borg"
Have to wait until 25th of May to see it :cry:

Insistently they are showing the first X-Men movie on TV right now, going to watch that on the iPad when I go to bed :smile::smile::LOL:

Agreed. Was really good. I like it...somehow has a lot of reference to the original japanese Godzilla movies...was good...although my GF stared at me afterwards and asked: really?

I was so-so about Godzilla. Ultimately I thought it was worth sitting through the insufferably dull human drama for the sake of the big payoff scenes, though. They really were that damn spectacular to behold. Still, realistically the movie should have been called " bland soldier dude looking like a deer in headlights, also starring Godzilla ... occasionally"

Compared to last years big monster movie Pacific Rim, Godzilla felt like it was focus tested to hell and back for the sake of making it more palpable to a non-nerd audience, whereas Pacific Rim didn't give a shit and was perfectly content with catering to a very specific niche. My kind of niche.

Saw the new Xmen movie on Thursday - absolutely superb, probably even better that Cap 2. Man this is a great time to be playing Lego Marvel Superheroes :D

BTW, when you see it, make sure you stay to the very end of the credits...

Is there one or two post credit scene? Stay until the end of theme song?

Just the one at the very, very end of the credits as far as I'm aware. I didn't actually see it myself as we stayed until the end of the theme tune only - doh! I had to watch it on the net later.

Saw the new Xmen movie on Thursday - absolutely superb, probably even better that Cap 2. Man this is a great time to be playing Lego Marvel Superheroes :D
I was saying to someone recently that I was losing faith in Marvel character films that are not produced by Marvel Studios (to that point, I've yet to see Amazing Spider-Man 2), however this one restored my faith that at least some of those other studios get how awesome the IP is. This was an absolute high bar in the X-Men franchise for me and although I thought the final act was a little flat, the first half of the movie was fantastic and in many respect, just plain fun. Quicksilver, with one 3 minute scene, absolutely steals the show though.

Although solid, I can't say X-Men First class grabbed me, but I think this movie will force me to go back a re-evaluate it.

I note that the end has a hint off JJ Abrams Star Trek about it as well.

Xmen was simply amazing. The end scene a complete mystery to me. Didn't get it at all!

Here's some reading:

http://screenrant.com/x-men-days-of-future-past-spoilers-end-post-credits-scene-apocalypse/
http://collider.com/simon-kinberg-x-men-apocalypse/

:)

Back