• Would buy Move for family but it's too expensive

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Would buy Move for me (+ family) but it's too expensive

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Shifty Geezer

uber-Troll!
Legend
Same thing as the Kinect poll, only for Move. What Move option will you be buying into and why?

edit: Because I didn't add "I'll wait and see" in the Kinect poll, I'll leave that out here too to get comparable results, hence no vote from me, although I very probably go option 6.

Getting a Move controller day one, no question about it. I'm convinced by this tech on the tech level, and the games are there: the amount of games that will support it that I 1) already have, 2) was already interested before Move, and 3) are Move specific and look great is way past my expectations.

Will very likely get another one soon after, probably as soon as I buy Sports Champions or a similar game that supports two controllers for either single player or multi-player. More controllers may follow, depending on good games, though I may have trouble getting enough space into the PS Eye camera - I guess I can test that.

I may get a Move bundle (i.e. PS Eye + Move + Sports Champions) at some point, with or without a PS3 - GT5 may force me to buy a second PS3, as I can't afford to hog the living room for that game and for multi-player racing I also can't be disturbed too much.

Will not be buying a Navigation controller, unless, playing Killzone 3 with the Sixaxis as a Navigation controller turns out to give my hand cramps or something.

Games I'll definitely buy that support Move:
- Killzone 3
- LBP2
- Heavy Rain
- probably almost any smaller priced PSN game that supports it and seems even a little bit good AND isn't already in PSN+. ;)

Games I already have:
- EyePet
- Hustle Kings
- Velocity Bowl

Games I am likely to buy:
- R.U.S.E. (if the PS3 version isn't otherwise screwed up, I definitely want to try an RTS with the Move and I'm hearing really good things about R.U.S.E. from the demo that was on Steam last week)

I just noticed that there's no "not sure" option, because that's what I'd choose. Probably missing from the Kinect poll as well. I don't really use my PS3 very much at all, so I'm not sure I'll get Move. So far none of the titles have swayed me. I'm going to get Little Big Planet 2, but I'm not sure how necessary move is unless I get into creation. A nice boxing game could easily sway me.

As for boxing, I was skeptical about The Fight and still don't think it looks great, but it is interesting to notice that the game has changed its control method from gesture recognition to 1 to 1 motion, which is good, because that was the first thing people (including me) complained about when it was first unveiled. Will need to review well to even be considered by me though, and I'd have to know more about Fight Night Champions and it's motion support first.

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up the move bundle with another motion controller and a nav controller because all gaming accessories were 20% off (which applied to each item). Otherwise I would have waited it out to see how the software turned out.

What interests me, is mainly Tiger Woods and curiosity of how it will work in shooters. I think I could get the family into it as well, who normally don't play video games. Was thinking of buying a Wii but decided not to. Now I'm pretty much getting one for cheaper.

Last edited by a moderator:
In all honesty I'm getting it because I don't own a Wii*. I played Tiger Woods on a friends wii last week(first time actually EVER playing anything on the system) and i really had fun:LOL: I'm also hoping that there will be more core experiences available with the move.

*FWIW I don't own a 360 either but i did at one point

Well, now that I have a Wii. The curious cat in me compels to buy Move on day 1 for AB comparison. I'll probably get a bundle, but I really hope they have other bundles besides Sport Championship.

Sports championship will make comparison easier though.

I may try it, but honestly the idea of seeing the reflection of glowing balls on the TV screen is a complete turn-off for me.

Reflections annoy me at the best of times, but I'll only turn on certain lights when game playing to eradicate it. Obviously with Move that won't be possible, which is a real immersion killer.

Therefore, Move is only really useful for those Party titles for me, so I'll see out of that and Kinect what looks like the better option nearer the time.

Already have the PSEye because I needed a webcam. I'm not going to say day 1, but I'll definitely pick up a Move controller when the opportunity arises. I mainly want it for Killzone 3 actually :oops:
Other stuff that has recently been shown looks promising though. If this leads to decent console RTSes, I'm all for it.

Well, now that I have a Wii. The curious cat in me compels to buy Move on day 1 for AB comparison.
If you want to see Wii pointer controls at their best, you should check out Metroid Prime 3 (use the "advanced controls" option) and Resident Evil 4.

I own a PS Eye, the wand's price is low enough that buying a single wand isn't much of a risk. If it turns out to be a bust I'll add it to my pile of dumb peripherals (ps3 and 360 chatpads, PS Eye).

If Dead Space 2 is better with move than with the standard X360 controller, I'll buy it for that alone. The precision with this sounds promising, so it might be useful in games that I like.

Shifty why didn't you add that option?!
:)

If Dead Space 2 is better with move than with the standard X360 controller, I'll buy it for that alone. The precision with this sounds promising, so it might be useful in games that I like.

Shifty why didn't you add that option?!
:)

There's a lot of discussion about Move for Dead Space 2, but I don't think support has been confirmed yet for Dead Space 2 itself, only for the PS3 exclusive bonus Dead Space: Extraction, a port of the Wii pointer light-gun style game, which will have Move and Trophy support. I think Move support would be great for the main game too, mind you, but so far that hasn't been announced yet.

There is no option for me.

1) I have the eye toy (what a waste that purchase was along with the xbox vision kit)

2) Its not doing anything interesting for me core game wise

3) I'd buy it , if it was intergal to a very good RPG.

There's a lot of discussion about Move for Dead Space 2, but I don't think support has been confirmed yet for Dead Space 2 itself, only for the PS3 exclusive bonus Dead Space: Extraction, a port of the Wii pointer light-gun style game, which will have Move and Trophy support. I think Move support would be great for the main game too, mind you, but so far that hasn't been announced yet.

Hmm that's interesting. I thought it supported Move, but I haven't really paid attention too much. Extraction is a nice bonus, especially if they do something to the graphics. I still rather have the full game support it. Well I thought the button mapping and controls were pretty much perfect in the first game with the X360 pad, so I'll probably won't lose any sleep over this. The precision dismemberment gameplay in Dead Space just sounds like a very good match for the Move controller.

3) I'd buy it , if it was intergal to a very good RPG.

I do know it will be supported by Final Fantasy XIV, apparently, which makes sense since there is already a PC version with Mouse and Keyboard support. I think that will be a trend for games that come out on both PC and PS3 in this genre. But I don't know about any off-line RPGs yet.

:LOL:
I do know it will be supported by Final Fantasy XIV, apparently, which makes sense since there is already a PC version with Mouse and Keyboard support. I think that will be a trend for games that come out on both PC and PS3 in this genre. But I don't know about any off-line RPGs yet.

I sad a very good rpg :LOL: I'm not a fan of the final fantasy series and really my pc will run rings around the ps3 verison of that mmorpg is some how i'm convinced to play it.

so we will see. for me I just have to buy a wand so I most likely will at some point down the line when i can find them used for dirt cheap.

As for boxing, I was skeptical about The Fight and still don't think it looks great, but it is interesting to notice that the game has changed its control method from gesture recognition to 1 to 1 motion, which is good, because that was the first thing people (including me) complained about when it was first unveiled. Will need to review well to even be considered by me though, and I'd have to know more about Fight Night Champions and it's motion support first.

I hadnt heard this, are there any videos showing the 1:1 controls?

As for Dead Space 2 it would be the perfect game for move. Not just the pointing but being able to control the angle your weapons slice by twisting the move controller. Not to mention the probable addition of a melee plasma sword type weapon for hacking off limbs ;)

I also wanna see a new Condemned using Move. The more i think about it the more it seems that some of my favourite games this gen would not only work well with Move, but have the potential to be greatly improved experiences with it.

Watermelon slicing simulator aka MGS Rising also looks like a prime candidate for motion controls, and Kojima is known for utilizing non-traditional input methods/feedback in his games, so I can see Move support for that game as well, when it comes out.

If you want to see Wii pointer controls at their best, you should check out Metroid Prime 3 (use the "advanced controls" option) and Resident Evil 4.

Alright, I'll get MP3.

I suspect the problems we had with Wii pointer may be due to distance (too close), but we shall see.

Back