Mouse binds

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
What does your mouse do? I started thinking about it 'cause of Deviantchild's post in Feedback and just sort of wondered what everyone else has theirs set-up as.

I got an MX518 with left/right-click, scrollwheel depress = paste, upper-left = copy, lower-left = enter, little one in the middle "*". (For adblocker, it saves a LOT of time. ;) )

I use many different computers all the time, so I only use the default settings they all have in common. Like, I can do the stuff I need to do, whatever the OS or what programs are installed.

Heh, I cheat and just make all the computers I have to work on like mine...I upgraded up my wife & kids PCs to 5-button mice. ;)

MX1000, with (in FF, at least):

Left, right, next tab, previous tab, open new tab from link, back, forward, and then the goofy app switcher which I've been too lazy to find a button to replace it with.

1- left click
2- right click
3- middle click/open link in new tab
4- unbound
5- open new blank tab
6- forward
7- back

Despite the love for the charger stand, I dig the button layout. MX700, I love you.

using mouse buttons + mouse gestures really makes my surfing better....
i move through tabs with right click /left-right, open new window with RC+up and close current with RC+down....

plus scroll = open new tab in FF
and buttons 4 and 5 are back and forward....

so basically... IT ROCKS!!!!!!!! ;)

Luddite.

Only use mouse gestures though, dont see much use in putting copy/paste/whatever on the mouse ... I will browse with only one hand occasionally, usually because I use my other hand to support my head, in which case gestures are nice. When doing anything else I dont see the point, keyboard shortcuts are no more work.

Last edited by a moderator:
MfA said:
Luddite.

Only use mouse gestures though, dont see much use in putting copy/paste/whatever on the mouse ... I will browse with only one hand occasionally, usually because I use my other hand to support my head, in which case gestures are nice. When doing anything else I dont see the point, keyboard shortcuts are no more work.

i have "triple select" and "auto copy" extensions for FF...very handy when u want to copy some text....

and Guden.... once you try mouse gestures, you really see how good they are.... why bother with looking around the screen for right place to click when you can just make right click and move mouse little bit and get what you wanted....

oh yes....i also have "auto scroll" turned on on middle mouse button.....

Guden Oden said:
Standard setup, no fecking gestures or any shit like that. Why bother? It's just a gimmick anyway.
:rolleyes:
So are tabs right?
It's not in any way easier to simply right click and move the mouse vs moving the mouse way up to hit the back/forward button and to hit new window or tab etc ;)

radeonic2 said:
:rolleyes:
So are tabs right?
It's not in any way easier to simply right click and move the mouse vs moving the mouse way up to hit the back/forward button and to hit new window or tab etc ;)

Well I just use the kb commands. Of course this would be a problem if your left hand is under the desk.

AlphaWolf said:
Well I just use the kb commands. Of course this would be a problem if your left hand is under the desk.
:LOL: :LOL:
I'm not good with keyboard shortcuts, I find it easier to use mouse gestures, but that's me.

I always only use the standard three button setup, left/right click, middle for autoscroll (or reload/secondary fire in shooters). Any other buttons are disabled, since I hate it when I accidentaly do something I didn't want to only because the designers thought it cool to use 25 buttons/inch²...

Back