Monitor randomly loses signal during a game

So for the past week or so, there have been 3 or 4 times where right after I launch a game or begin a play session in a game, the monitor will suddenly go black and it will then display "no signal" a few seconds later. The computer doesn't turn off and the game still runs...complete with audio. But the video signal is completely gone. To fix it, I can either reboot the machine or I can unplug the Display Port cable from the back of the computer and simply put it back in.

Any ideas on why this is happening? I'm using a 1080ti connected to an Acer XB280HK 4K G-sync monitor. It only started doing this a week ago or so. It never happens during normal computing....it's always during a game session.

So for the past week or so, there have been 3 or 4 times where right after I launch a game or begin a play session in a game, the monitor will suddenly go black and it will then display "no signal" a few seconds later. The computer doesn't turn off and the game still runs...complete with audio. But the video signal is completely gone. To fix it, I can either reboot the machine or I can unplug the Display Port cable from the back of the computer and simply put it back in.

Any ideas on why this is happening? I'm using a 1080ti connected to an Acer XB280HK 4K G-sync monitor. It only started doing this a week ago or so. It never happens during normal computing....it's always during a game session.
I've had similar issues with my Dell S3220DGF and had to fix it with a program called CRU. It was due to how it uses the HDR. Dunno if this might work, I hope so.

https://forum.beyond3d.com/threads/...al-loss-for-about-1-2-seconds-solution.61625/

I haven't experienced what the OP said but I had my monitor blanking (like disconnect and reconnect) before and turns out I just need to buy a better HDMI cable. Since I'm using 4K60, I'm at the limit of HDMI 2.0 thus the cable matters. I thought it was my GPU since I bought an ex mining card (580) but I try to run it at a lower setting and it stays connected thus I figured that I might need a better cable.

Back