"Microsoft, Games for Change Announce Global Warming Game Challenge"

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’re right regarding the list, but it was just a partial list offered to anyone who may want to get some exposure to the other side of the argument in order to make an objective assessment. And I’m definitely not saying man-made global warming is a farce, I just believe there is reason to believe that the science may not be completely 100% accurate.

Here’s something to think about:

1) In the early seventies the scientific consensus was that we were heading into another ice age and scientific leaders were frustrated that the government would not heed their alarmist concerns. (Sound familiar.)

2) Lead scientists sounded the alarm erroneously predicting a nuclear winter effect due to the burning of Kuwaiti oil fields. (See earlier post)

Now what’s that saying? “Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me. Fool me thrice....”

Of course if they’re right THIS time.... :oops::cry:

Take care all. I’m done posting in this thread.

[font=&quot]-aldo[/font]

1 & 2 were never scientific consensus. Your style of argument (ie. cherry picking) sounds like how creationist argue evolution is wrong. Anyone who has participated in the peer reviewed scientific process knows how much a joke a global conspiracy perpetrated by scientist is.

I just believe there is reason to believe that the science may not be completely 100% accurate.
Absolutely remember how some parts of Newtons laws of physics were accurate until proven wrong by Einstein, maybe some of his formulas will be proven wrong later on. We will never know. And environmental studies are much more prone to errors than Einsteins mostly theoretical work. Anyway the momentum of the studies are the result of many years studies.

Anyways, it is kind of sad that a game that raise concerns about the well being of planet Earth seem to be more controversial than "pick random contemporary military shooter".

Anyway, hope someone can make a good game about it and that it´s not just PR stunt.
Said Games for Change co-founder and president Suzanne Seggerman, "The current generation of gamers is among the most socially conscious in history. We know from experience that young people are looking for ways to help make the world a better place, and who better to support this effort than an industry leader like Microsoft?"
I don´t know. :???:

1 & 2 were never scientific consensus. Your style of argument (ie. cherry picking) sounds like how creationist argue evolution is wrong. Anyone who has participated in the peer reviewed scientific process knows how much a joke a global conspiracy perpetrated by scientist is.

careful you don't want to invoke the wrath of the religious right.

if ppl were concerned about cutting power usage theyld be buying a wii (which uses way less power than the ps3/xb360), perhaps this is the true reason for its mega sales :D
plus with all that armwaving / sweating u could prolly turn down the heater as well

though cant see ms picking a game based on this as the winner

Actually folding at home would contribute to global warming so, maybe so...

Global warming AS SAID TO BE CAUSED BY MAN MADE EMMISIONS is a myth, IMO btw. I'm just saying, if it wasn't a myth.

Also, it's kind of funny a high powered console talking about preventing global warming...

Your post is just as wrong as a the Microsoft PR stunt

A console that sucks energy and causes adds to Global Warming is trying to save the world with games and more energy usage.

Air Cons, it´s the only solution!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back