Microsoft Flight Simulator (MS FS 2020) [XBSX|S, PC]

Pretty nice city update for Gamescom and some details for the 40th Anniversary.

Microsoft Flight Simulator Celebrates gamescom with Its First-Ever City Update and Shares New Details for Its 40th Anniversary Edition​

To celebrate the return of Gamescom, Microsoft Flight Simulator has released its first-ever City Update today featuring five brand-new photogrammetry German cities: Hanover, Dortmund, Dusseldorf, Bonn, and Cologne. Simmers will even be able to spot the famous Koelnmesse, home to the renowned gamescom show. This free update can be downloaded from the in-sim marketplace right now.

Damn, I say this every gosh darn time I see new footage. The game looks so freaking good. Asobo did such a great job on this title.

I want a new verson of Dynamix's Red Baron or Aces of the Pacific using this engine. That would be absofreakinglutely amazing. Would actually get me back into flight simulators.

Damn, Sierra was owned by Activision until 2016 when they sold it to TJX. So close to MS owning all the Sierra IP and being able to do something amazing with some of Dynamix's incredible IP portfolio. Although maybe TJX only bought the domain (all I can find about the purchase online) and maybe Activision still own the game IP from Sierra's portfolio? So maybe there's still hope. :)

Regards,
SB

Last edited:
developers want to switch the engine, because as impressive as it is, core sim gamers are asking for certain activities that can't be done using the current engine. Plus the focus is on reducing the installation size, and they achieved that, among other changes that require a new engine like multi-core, impressive terrain improvements like tessellating the actual trees and rocks on a region and so on and so forth.

The video of the presentation where they discussed all the new improvements and changes.

btw there is also another thread on this game, but for the PC version. Might be a good idea to merge them?

Back