MGS4 the first next gen game ?!!

Will MGS4 be the first Real next gen game ?

• 1/ YES

Votes: 25 22.3%
  • 2/ NO

Votes: 68 60.7%
  • 3/ I dont know

Votes: 19 17.0%

• Total voters

fouad

Banned
In the latest interview with kojima to gameinformer, kojima insisted that he want to REVOLUTIONIZE gaming, as he did with MGS1. He said that MGS1 was a revolution on playstation1 and what allows him to do that is the 3D capapbilities of PS1as a first real 3d gaming hardware. But on PS2 and xbox, you have better hardware allowing only to do better graphics but no more than that...you cant do a lot of more things that has been already done before on ps1. ( in this point he is wrong, because SHENMUE on dreamcast was even more revolutionary than MGS1...) But with the next generation of hardware, ps3 and xbox3, he think that he could redone the revolution, and do a lot more than only better graphics.
He want to create a FULLY REALISTIC SIMULATION SYSTEM on MGS4 ( he said the the example of MGS3, you have trees but they are not alive, he want to make trees alive, if you burn them they die, with water they grown...) . But he fear even the PS3 maybe wont be capable of realizing his dreams, and that this revolutionary realistic simulation system will consume a lot of processing power, not allowing to have the best graphics the ps3 could offer.

Kojima also criticised multiplatform games, in saying that they disnaturalise games. and that MGS4 will be exclusive to ps3. and that if he want to make a game for xbox he will make it exclusive to xbox360. giving the example of MGS2 on ps2 looking better than MGS2 on xbox, because the game was specifically designed for ps2. even though xbox was more powerful. and that splinter cell on xbox look better than splinter cell on ps2, even though they are a lot of games on ps2 that look better than splinter cell on ps2 .
source :
http://www.ps3-live.com/news-ps3/metal-gear-solid-4-les-revelations-de-kojima.html

Personally I hate multiplatform game, and if there is something that could destroy the gaming industry its surely the stupid multiplatform games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to break it to you but xbox 360 will have the first nextgen game, as they have plenty of time to still come out with one. In fact Elder Scrolls Oblivion will most likely be the first next gen game as well as Gears of War. You should have asked the question as. Will MGS4 be the first next gen game for the PS3. That would be a better question to ask. It might be next gen, but if it is a repeat of MGS3, you won't have a whole lot of people enjoying the experience.

Shenmue wasnt flawless though.

Eleazar said:
Sorry to break it to you but xbox 360 will have the first nextgen game, as they have plenty of time to still come out with one. In fact Elder Scrolls Oblivion will most likely be the first next gen game as well as Gears of War. You should have asked the question as. Will MGS4 be the first next gen game for the PS3. That would be a better question to ask. It might be next gen, but if it is a repeat of MGS3, you won't have a whole lot of people enjoying the experience.
That depends.Graphically Gears of War is 100% next gen.But what happens to gameplay, physics and AI?

I don't know about the first truly next-gen game, but it has certainly become the benchmark against which others will be compared.

I go for actually playing the game, what I played of MGS3 was underwhelming. I was much more impressed with MGS1 and MGS2. I feel the reviews for that game are rather inflated. Many reviewers went as far as to give it 100%, which MGS3 was by no means a flawless game, nor worthy of a 100%. It is really just my opinion. I think everyone knows MGS3 was rated well, but was it actually the game everyone was expecting and hoping for. For me it wasn't and I don't see how it got the extremely high reviews it got. Although I would say 90% is acceptable if you are a hardcore fan of the series.

I also just looked at the site you gave me. I really like the site, it is better than gamerankings in some ways. If you scroll down you will see it got some mixed reviews. I guess I am of the minority, but just because someone isn't on the bandwagon doesn't mean their not right.

I think HS will be perhaps the first really 'next-gen' title. It's been longer in development than all the others and has certainly shown great visuals and animation.

Eleazar said:
I also just looked at the site you gave me. I really like the site, it is better than gamerankings in some ways. If you scroll down you will see it got some mixed reviews. I guess I am of the minority, but just because someone isn't on the bandwagon doesn't mean their not right.

There is no bandwagon. It's the truth, MGS3 is a great game. Just like Micheal Jordan is a great basketball player. You can't escape the truth.

Shifty Geezer said:
I think HS will be perhaps the first really 'next-gen' title. It's been longer in development than all the others and has certainly shown great visuals and animation.

I think it's a pretty subjective thing - many people will have their own first "next gen" game. That'll be the one that first stands out to them as something that couldn't have been done before (at something other than a basic looks-slightly-prettier level). Maybe some people are already sitting down and playing that game. Some people may not see it for a long time.

Nothing I've seen in the flesh so far qualifies for me, but I've only really seen a few of the X360 launch titles. I wouldn't like to predict what it will turn out to be. Could be anything.

Eleazar said:

MGS3 was one of the best games ever, but its problem was the camera system,

as for elder scrolls and gears of war, do you really think they have revolutionary animations, physics, AI, or gameplay ?

for me a real next gen game is exactly what peter molyneux wanted to do for project ego exactly.

MGS3 was a very good game among other very good games .
The same will happen with MGS4.
And yes this thread is stupid.

I am all for making games "come alive" as hideo says and simulate as much as possible, to give the impression of a breathing, living world but I do wonder if it is not going to be too much pointless effort spend on a game like MGS, wouldn't that be more suited for some kind of (action/)adventure or RPG kind of game?...

Eleazar said:
I go for actually playing the game, what I played of MGS3 was underwhelming. I was much more impressed with MGS1 and MGS2. I feel the reviews for that game are rather inflated. Many reviewers went as far as to give it 100%, which MGS3 was by no means a flawless game, nor worthy of a 100%. It is really just my opinion. I think everyone knows MGS3 was rated well, but was it actually the game everyone was expecting and hoping for. For me it wasn't and I don't see how it got the extremely high reviews it got. Although I would say 90% is acceptable if you are a hardcore fan of the series.

MGS3 was not at all a perfect game, thats why they are coming out with Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence which will supposable correct many of the mistakes the first version had. Besides, the perfect game is in the eyes of the player. Believe it or not, there are some gamers that didn't like Halo.

scooby_dooby said:
Fight Night 3, Splinter Cell 4, Gears of War and Forza 2 will all be true next-gen games long before MS4 hits the shelves.

Forza2? Do we have anything close to a date on this game?

Back