Metroid Prime

in my first game, I had 13 tanks, 175 missles and 12 powerbombs..
that was at 75%.. I am hunting down the rest now, I am assuming 200 missles, 15 tanks and, 15 powerbombs

I'm at 79% with all the stuff I have, apparently scanning has a big impact on the completion. I've decided not to try and beat the game until I have everything. Is the ending good though?

the ending I got was pretty good, simple but good..
there are three known endings, the best of course when you get 100%...
I just got 83%(not beating it on my second time around), still seeking out the goods..
got 190 missles, 13 tanks and 6 powerbombs(I got to go back for the ones I got last time)

Well, I've done it.

100% completion & over 90% of the log book (it doesn't factor into the completion percentage) in 27:30. (28:00 if I beat the game) There are 250 missiles, 15 energy tanks (including the one you start with) and 8 power bombs. No hint-mode used.

I have 33 pieces of artwork in my gallery, and there is a slightly different ending which I will not spoil.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, great game.. arguably the most polished 3D game, GOTY, Nintendo rox0rs, etc.

They decided to be cheap with the scan data and have scans you can miss permanently if you don't get them... especially the early bosses.

I have to restart my second file... I missed the Parasites (swarmers on the space station while escaping) and Barbed War Wasps (fighting the flame thrower... I didn't even realise the wasps were different).

Other ones I missed on my first file: The big hive thing guarding the first missile pack (aim your scanvisor down under the water), its bugs, Flaahgra's tentacles...

Currently @14%, 1:26(Hard). Seems like the balance is better on Hard then it is on normal mode(it is a bit too easy on normal IMO). I'm waiting to push for 100% until I'm sure I'm at the highest difficulty level(is there any beyond hard?).

"in my first game, I had 13 tanks, 175 missles and 12 powerbombs..
that was at 75%.." - Captain Howdy

"100% completion & over 90% of the log book (it doesn't factor into the completion percentage) in 27:30. (28:00 if I beat the game) There are 250 missiles, 15 energy tanks (including the one you start with) and 8 power bombs" - Blade

EDIT: Huh?

that is weird, actually, I was guessing at powerbombs,because I was never at full capacity with them, but I know I had more than 8, I have to go load my old file to see how many exactly I had, I thought they came in 3's?

I have to go load my old file to see how many exactly I had, I thought they came in 3's?

After the first one you get which is five, they come in 1s ;) If you grabbed all three upgrades, then you should have eight total.

When I stopped for the day I was @41% 5:07 and just entered the Phazon Mines. I'm thinking I should be able to beat hard in under ten hours without too much trouble this time through, hopefully I'll be able to go back through and get 100% in under twelve(I'm really hoping there is another difficulty mode, has anyone made it through hard yet?). Game is definitely more enjoyable with the difficulty ramped a bit, actually requires a considerable amount of tactics to clear an area instead of an occasional need for crude techniques to take out a boss.

Normal mode is close to Super Metroid in difficulty, a little more difficult actually.

I'm not ready to start a Hard mode game yet, but it'll happen someday. :)

CaptainHowdy: There are only 8 power bombs in normal mode. I dunno about hard, but in normal there are 8 total.

When I grabbed that last missile upgrade, it said "100% of all pickups, Gallery 4 unlocked". Apparently I can't get galleries 2 and/or 3 because the game cheats you out of log book entries if you miss them the first time, as Tag noted.

Blade said:
When I grabbed that last missile upgrade, it said "100% of all pickups, Gallery 4 unlocked". Apparently I can't get galleries 2 and/or 3 because the game cheats you out of log book entries if you miss them the first time, as Tag noted.

You can get gallery 3 by finishing Hard mode.

Gallery 2 is for 100% scan data... you'll have to start a new file for that. :\ How annoying...

**SPOILERS**

There are 3 endings, none of them based on time.

Ending 1 - 0% - 74%

Ending 2 - 75% - 99%

Ending 3 - 100%

There is no higher difficulty after Hard. But Hard is pretty hard. :p Enemies take 2-3 times more damage, Space Pirates shoot much faster and are much more accurate. Remember the fight against Omega Pirate where he summons the Pirates that are vulnerable only to one weapon? :eek:

**END SPOILERS**

Back