Metroid prime hunters question

Mendel

Mr. Upgrade
Veteran
I just got my ds and mario 64 ds and metroid demo... just one question:

Depending on my control setting of choice, the 3d screen may be either on the top screen or on the bottom screen. However, I was under the impression that the arm 9 was dedicated to the upper screen and the arm 7 to the bottom screen.

So, when I select the mode where the 3d screen is the bottom screen, is it running on the arm 9 or arm 7?

edit: So I suppose theres either huge potential to make it even better looking using the arm 9 or the arm 9 is indeed capable to render to arbitrary screen. If so, how is this arranged.

However, I was under the impression that the arm 9 was dedicated to the upper screen and the arm 7 to the bottom screen.

DS's 3D rendering is handled by a dedicated graphics chip. The ARM9 handles game code (AI ect) and the ARM7 handles sound, GBA games, wireless and touch screen.

Where I could find information on this dedicated graphics chip?

Why no filtering?

What are the clockspeeds of various cpus and the graphics chip?

Mendel said:
Where I could find information on this dedicated graphics chip?

Why no filtering?

What are the clockspeeds of various cpus and the graphics chip?

The graphics chip is embedded into the arm 9, it runs at the same speed.(67mhz) It's not a traditonal 3d accelerator though, and lacks most of the features that are standard on pc.(btw, I've heard that the DS doesn't need/use vsync since LCDs don't really have a refresh rate)
The DS's graphics chip is fairly flexible, but it's also weak.

Back