Metal Slug Complete (PSP)

StefanS

meandering Velosoph
Veteran
Metal Slug Complete for the PSP is now scheduled for Feb. 22th. It combines all previous 7 titles into 1 package.

h-103_66669_01.jpg.jpg
h-103_66669_02.jpg.jpg

http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/2007/02/05/103,1170659120,66669,0,0.html

It's worth it for Metal Slug 6 alone. It sure as hell doesn't hurt to come with all the others though. A definite must buy for anyone. I love Metal Slug games.

Anyone know how this is different in terms of content from what you can get on the Wii?

Anyone know how this is different in terms of content from what you can get on the Wii?

Apart from the controls and res (?) there's no difference as far as I can tell. Both packages include exactly the same games.

I'm getting nostalgic about nostalgia

It's titles like this that would move me to buy a PSP. I just saw Ghouls 'n Ghosts (or whatever the name is), and though it blurs like crazy when the screen's scrolling (gg LCD!), it looks fantastic when the background's static. Castlevania should look great, too.

I'll definately be getting this. I had a chance to try metal slug X on the PSP via PS1 emulation and had a blast to take it 'on the go'. This is a must have imo.

Hmmm, has Sony fix PSP d-pad in their later revision PSP ?

I am still on the launched unit, my PSP d-pad has no diagonal what so ever. Guilty Gear, SFA3 all are unplayable. I love Metal Slug but with no diagonal, it'll just be frustrating for me.

Anyone ?

Hmmm, has Sony fix PSP d-pad in their later revision PSP ?

I am still on the launched unit, my PSP d-pad has no diagonal what so ever. Guilty Gear, SFA3 all are unplayable. I love Metal Slug but with no diagonal, it'll just be frustrating for me.

Anyone ?

My experience is that the white PSP is a little bit better- all the buttons are placed a little higher. I can pull off all moves on Tekken with it, for one. I have both, so I can compare. There are a lot of good mods though for the d-pad. You can open up the PSP and put a little plate under it, or you can get one of those things you put on top. I haven't done either of these yet, because I've been fine with it so far. Maybe because I have big hands. ;)

For a game like Metal Slug though I hope they support the analog stick, as I think that'd be a good match for this type of game.

I just got the game(s) and briefly tried MS1. Analog stick works and it runs smooth. The game supports original res, scaled to fullsize 4:3 and scaled to full-screen.

No it`s stretched so you don`t see more of the screen. So it`s slightly distorted and not as sharp as the full-pixel mode (320x240 I guess) , but I got used to it quickly, those cartoony graphics don`t have real proportions anyway.

Back