Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Ridge racer ps1 had only 1,5 circuit and was a full priced game, it could even fit in the console's ram so you could put the cd out and play (but without the bgm of course)

Just fished main campaign in 80 minutes [with no tranq bullets left I switched to full on Rambo mode]. I had an absolute blast, gameplay is so perfect, PS4 visuals are phenomenal, and there is so much things see, explore and experiment.

I have to commend KojiPro for control scheme. Both sneaking and action is not fully "westernized" with no restrictions put on user. Full on combat action is now as smooth as butter. NPCs have good vision, sneaking is challenging, but fair, and time-stop function is really helpful, although it can really be exploited for some speedrun crazyness. :D

edit - quick Vita remote play impressions. Everything is perfect except that Vita does not have enough buttons, and KojiPro has decided not to create custom control scheme [they've put nothing on main screen]. Backtouch now houses Codec/Binoculars/Run/ChangeCamera buttons, more or less making Binoculars impossible to use.

If they have put few of those buttons in the corners of hte touchscreen [like Black Flag did], game would be perfect. I am really impressed with the remote play, lag is minimal and the visuals/main controlls are perfect. It's just that damned backtouch.... I need to get a Vita grip ASAP.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had 20 hours+ with it and I'm still finding new ways to kill people.

Currently #1 in the rankings for fastest clear time (without using weapons) for the first side ops.

They're dead serious about no weapons: no guns (obviously), no knives (no CQC kills), You're not even allowed to throw empty magazines (?!).
These make it really challenging!

These limitations bring out even more fun ways to play.

I've had 20 hours+ with it and I'm still finding new ways to kill people.

Currently #1 in the rankings for fastest clear time (without using weapons) for the first side ops.

They're dead serious about no weapons: no guns (obviously), no knives (no CQC kills), You're not even allowed to throw empty magazines (?!).
These make it really challenging!

These limitations bring out even more fun ways to play.

Wow ! Thats fast. I am waiting for the game to unlock tomorrow. I went for the ps3 version for Peace Walker and the fct that even ps3 version looks damn good. WIll ge tps4 version when it goes cheap.

Sadly, dynamic shadows is missing from many flashlights,car lights or rotatory alarm lights,smoke is shadowless, shadows resolution is a bit low too, and no tessellation whatsoever. The rest is superb though, especially lighting and textures.

Sadly, dynamic shadows is missing from many flashlights,car lights or rotatory alarm lights,smoke is shadowless, shadows resolution is a bit low too, and no tessellation whatsoever. The rest is superb though, especially lighting and textures.

Its a last gen game, the reason I went for the ps3 version. But sony is so weird, they are just not deducting the money :( ! The game should have been playable by now, but instead I am still waiting for them to deduct the money and let me play !

WTH Sony , let me play :cry: !!!!!!!!

Holy sh*t , the gfx on the ps3 !!!! :oops: the cutscene that Kojima showed last year, it actually looks like that on the ps3. Character models are freaking fantastic !

And so much fun, unexpected fun ! I have spent around 2 hours in the main mission and at first we had no clue what to do, how to control Snake, then we realised there are SO MANY things we could try, then we were laughing like crazy at one point cos we were obliterating everyone, then went sober again and proceeded with the mission, got distracted again and started toying with the enemies ! Ran thru a build in trying to find out if its a power station and maybe we could turn off all lights, but just ended up blowing soldiers up with rocket launchers we found :D !!!

If this is the future of MGS, then no wonder Kojima thinks ppl won't be able to finish PP. There is so much freedom this time around that u r bound to keep getting distracted. I mean you have think up stuff, the game just leaves u in there and teases u with stuff lying around.

Yes, this is the best MGS till now, no doubt !

Highly recommended for any price tag ! Will definitely pick this up again for the ps4 !
Can't wait to finish the main mission tomorrow and get on with the side ones. Although the trophies tell me. I have missed a lot of stuff in the main mission too. :cool:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

^ And this is a small area, in TPP we could easily exit enemy base and find another insertion points, hijack cars for crazy action break-ins, etc.

I quite like the optional missions, they provide quite nice specter of additional play styles - action mission on the ground, action mission on the choppa, sneaking "assassination mission", sneaking "retrieve intel" mission. Good variety.

Daytime AI has a very good eyesight on Normal btw.

It's so great to see a Japanese dev that really does "get-it". This is the GTA of MGS's without it being a carbon copy of GTA with MGS characters on it. It actually understands what are the strong points of a large world, with varied sandbox mechanics and ample oportunity for emergent gameplay, while still retaining the core MGS style. All that, while geting rid of some of the past anoyances of the series.
I hope this raises the eybrows of more japanese devs, so they are more motivated to get on with times and modernize their game design.

I just 100% completed the game, all cassettes, as well as all trial records completed. (according to the trial records ranking I'm probably the first to complete all of them)

It all adds up to ~30 hours of gameplay and fun, especially the portions where I had to do some special thinking to complete the various trial records. Some of them are very nasty.

30 USD well spent.

Agree, best money spent ! I took 2 hours 20 minutes for the main mission, btw. Got so lost in having fun :D ! The end gave me goosebumps !

Side missions here I come.

In the naysayers defense, if you ever were to be THIS thorough with any other $60 game, you'd probably milk some thousand ours out of it.

Back