Metal Gear 4 headed for XB360?

That might be true if moving your controller was actually superior to moving a thumbstick, but it's really just a different method of control.
In some cases it's clearly superior. If you have left thumb on left stick, and right thumb on action buttons, and you want to add another direction input, tilt is an ideal input method. eg. Move forwards/left/backwards/right on left stick, fire gun with face buttons, and duck/peep over cover/jump by dropping/lifting the controller.

Whether MGS4 could be ported effectively to a platform without motion controls depends entirely on how they're used.

In some cases it's clearly superior. If you have left thumb on left stick, and right thumb on action buttons, and you want to add another direction input, tilt is an ideal input method. eg. Move forwards/left/backwards/right on left stick, fire gun with face buttons, and duck/peep over cover/jump by dropping/lifting the controller.

Whether MGS4 could be ported effectively to a platform without motion controls depends entirely on how they're used.

Or you could fire with a trigger like 99% of games do now adays, with some nice rumble I might add. Looka round corner by simply pressing in that direction (like most games do) and crouch by simply clicking your thumbstick.

dropping/lifting the controller, having to tilt it to look around somethign is definately not superior imo, there are already extremely good methods of doing this, anyone who's spent quality time with GRAW, R6:V or GoW can attest.

I think you could make the argument that it's superior for flying games, but that's about it.

Darn! another fantasy ruined ..But I'm sure this topic will still be popular (and the fantasies will continue)

"Konami has no plans to bring Metal Gear Solid 4 to the Xbox 360 at this time," a Konami representative told CVG,

doesn't mean it won't happen.... just not now.

so eh... it's not a fantasy :rolleyes: it's a possibility.

Yeah but nobody needs to say it will happen until Konami says it will. Until then it's not happening.

oh. I agree Mck... but dismissing this out of hand as though people are having fantasies is ridiculous.

read the quote again... "At this time" means, it may happen at a future date. so since I was replying to 3rox with regard to his people having "fantasies" about it coming to 360. I was redirecting him to the wording of the PR which states that it may happen over time and that it is illogical for him to read that and claim that people are crazy for projecting that possibility.

That might be true if moving your controller was actually superior to moving a thumbstick, but it's really just a different method of control.

By your continually messed up logic, every Wii port is 'superior' to it's 360/PS3 equivalent.

Anyways I don't expect this to come, and don't really care either.

I was under the impression that everyone believed the PS3 and X360 to be, overall, more or less even in graphical power. That is where your quotee's logic lay IMO.

why are there so many rumours about game coming to XB360, but hey, what about wii??? nintendo are japanese and surely kojima can make mgs4 with just smaller texture and graphics.

why are there so many rumours about game coming to XB360, but hey, what about wii??? nintendo are japanese and surely kojima can make mgs4 with just smaller texture and graphics.

This is a pissing contest between the PS3 and the 360 plus the attitude with the WII is that those buyers aren't real gamers anyway..so not interested in Mgs4.

By your continually messed up logic, every Wii port is 'superior' to it's 360/PS3 equivalent.

Anyways I don't expect this to come, and don't really care either.
How about if the motion sensing controls were used not as an alternative method of input, but as an additional method of input, essentially making more movements and actions possible simultaneously. I'm sure you could come up with some good examples, where the xbox360 and even Wiimote would not be able to cope without resorting to some "press down left analog stick + L1 to crouch and roll to the leftwhile shooting with the R1".

Never said anything about Wii ports, wehre'd you pull that out? :???:
The Wiimote is a controller that is so much more different it can't be compared so directly, and it's so obvious games on Wii will control very differently to those that use a dual analog - eight face button - four shoulder button design.

Didnt kojima said that he liked of the controler and planned to use it?

Kijima is indeed working with Wii (althought we dont now in what, once Nintendo have no interest in it (in a interviewn made to wit even the nintendo guy give the answer to not let he speake to much:D )), but I would personally doubt of MGS4 on Wii (at very least not anything near a port, but a total "remake") because engine, content and controls would be so diferent that no good would come from it and kojima isnt know to do bad games or just trying to get every cent of the gamers (cogh... FarCry Wii cogh...).

And that wraps it up. How many times will we hear about this FUD again until the game's release?

"Konami has no plans to bring Metal Gear Solid 4 to the Xbox 360 at this time," a Konami representative told CVG, reiterating that the Hideo Kojima stealth-em-up was still "exclusive to PlayStation 3."

when the "time" comes. :D

Why up to the games release? If things keep going the way they are at the moment then you'll hear it beyond the release. Statements along the lines of "Game XXX 4 are exclusive to platform A" doesn't necessarily preclude that "Game XXX <slightly Renamed> is coming to platform B (or C, or C and B)" with a few cosmetic changes.

Why up to the games release? If things keep going the way they are at the moment then you'll hear it beyond the release. Statements along the lines of "Game XXX 4 are exclusive to platform A" doesn't necessarily preclude that "Game XXX <slightly Renamed> is coming to platform B (or C, or C and B)" with a few cosmetic changes.

Then how about we wait until Konami announces it before we say it's coming out for the 360?

Note the "at this time". ;)
Didn't Ubisoft spoke in a similar way about Assasins Creed when asked if there was an Xbox 360 version comming?

Didnt kojima said that he liked of the controler and planned to use it?

Kijima is indeed working with Wii (althought we dont now in what, once Nintendo have no interest in it (in a interviewn made to wit even the nintendo guy give the answer to not let he speake to much:D )), but I would personally doubt of MGS4 on Wii (at very least not anything near a port, but a total "remake") because engine, content and controls would be so diferent that no good would come from it and kojima isnt know to do bad games or just trying to get every cent of the gamers (cogh... FarCry Wii cogh...).

The Wii project with Suda has only been talk till now unfortunatly, hell it's isn't even sure if it will be on Wii .

Does it matter? One of the clearer points in this thread is this noooz.com lost its credibility (if any).
http://www.noooz.com/archives/2006/12/exclusive_metal_gear_solid_4_c.html

First the EGM rumor now this. Seems like where there is smoke...

Does it matter? One of the clearer points in this thread is this noooz.com lost its credibility (if any).

update from your nooze.com link

Updated with official comment - Metal gear Solid 4: Coming to Xbox 360

snaketraje.jpg
Andy Robinson CVG contacted Konami and got told "MGS4 is a PS3 exclusive". Don't know what to say to that really as my source was pretty clear and direct. I guess we'll just have to wait and see (story link below).

Back