Megaton

Well, So far Sega has annouced a ton of new games, but very few for the gamecube. I think this megaton thing may not include much sega support after all. PS2 is getting the majority of sega support.

Also:
Sakura Taisen PS2 - February 27
Initial D Special Stage PS2 - March 27

SEGA AGES games announced for PS2:

Space Harrier
Fantasy Zone
Phantasy Star
Golden Axe
Monaco GP
Alex Kidd's Miracle World
Gain Ground
Bonanza Brothers
Streets of Rage
Tant-R (thanks fen!)
Phantasy Star 2
Virtua Racing
Phantasy Star 4 (thanks fen!)
Last Bronx

EDIT: Also announced for XBOX:

Rent-A-Hero No. 1
Illbleed
Dynamite Deka 2
Blue Stinger: Premium Cut

EDIT: Also announced for GAMECUBE:

A baseball game. Possibly the Japanese Home Run King.

sweet, last bronx :p I'd like to see a BurningRangers remake on the system some day, but this is a good start. They announced VF4 Evolution for PS 2, but hopefully they'll implement online support for the U.S version. XB live support would even be better if there is an xb version someday...

IMO this is a letdown for everyone..

on the PS2 only two adaptation of current arcade games, the others are budget games which are remakes of oldies..

on the xbox, only dreamcast ports.

on the gamecube, only this baseball game...

I don't know about new games (as in games just scheduled) but Sega do still have these games scheduled for GameCube.

NHL 2K3
NCAA College Basketball 2K3
Skies of Arcadia Legends
World Series Baseball 2K3
Virtua Fighter Quest

Also remember that Rare didn't have anything announced for XBox until MS bought them. That's assuming the rumour is Nintendo buying Sega of course. It does seem unlikely that Nintendo would just buy out Sega since its against what they usually do, but its always possible. Nintendo do seem to be changing right now so a few big buyouts may be possible.

I still don't really believe it though.

Looks like most major Sega development studios (at least the "main" stodio AM2) are now focusing on PS2, would like to know what Team Sonic and SmileBit are working on next and for what platform! The Xbox titles are developed by Cool Network Entertainment, Sega announced working with them on Xbox titles back in March (that's probably also the Oct.8th announement of porting either Mega Drive, Saturn or Dreamcast classics to Xbox), edit: pretty dissapointing news for Xbox Sega fans who were hoping for development of more exclusives. Gamecube support appears pretty much gone right now (edit for Teasy: considering only announements of new titles), one lousy Baseball game, ouch... the overall lack of new titles is most dissapointing though IMHO, so this was their "big" announcement talked about for a few weeks? :(

Sega's
I diidn't even hear of Megaton until this thread started and have no clue what its supposed to be (as everybody else, hehe). ;)

Sega is just a horribly mismanaged company all around. If Tetsu Kayama keeps up his "good work" Sega will soon be a distant memory.

cybamerc said:
What hype was there before the Cube GBA player? The press event was announced one day in advance and the press released mentioned that a spokesperson would announce a peripheral for GameCube. I never saw anyone hyping it up. Maybe because I wasn't wearing a pair of extra strength Xbox goggles on that particular day....

Me said:
Ugh... I remember the huge hype build up about "new incredible Ninetndo move" IN THE FORUMS...

Maybe if you weren't wearing blindfolds you would have noticd that part of my post.

I think that "Nintendo is buying Sega"-rumor is BS. Sega develops quite a lot of games per year of which only a few are profitable while the losses of the others have to be compensated by the profitable ones (at least that's the impression I got during the last years). Nintendo releases less games per year but with a few expections they all sell "well enough". Actually I can't remember a Nintendo-published GCN-game which sold really, really bad (less than 150'000 in the US). Ok, maybe NBA-Courtside - don't know how much they sold of that. Imho those two philosophies just don't merge.

Qroach said:
Well, So far Sega has annouced a ton of new games, but very few for the gamecube. I think this megaton thing may not include much sega support after all. PS2 is getting the majority of sega support.

Also:
Sakura Taisen PS2 - February 27
Initial D Special Stage PS2 - March 27

SEGA AGES games announced for PS2:

Space Harrier
Fantasy Zone
Phantasy Star
Golden Axe
Monaco GP
Alex Kidd's Miracle World
Gain Ground
Bonanza Brothers
Streets of Rage
Tant-R (thanks fen!)
Phantasy Star 2
Virtua Racing
Phantasy Star 4 (thanks fen!)
Last Bronx

EDIT: Also announced for XBOX:

Rent-A-Hero No. 1
Illbleed
Dynamite Deka 2
Blue Stinger: Premium Cut

EDIT: Also announced for GAMECUBE:

A baseball game. Possibly the Japanese Home Run King.

Uhm, so where are the new games?
so basically, PS2 is getting another Sega Hits pack
and Xbox is getting some Dreamcast ports..
Sega really needs some new material.. I am wondering what
happened to Sega's last statement of going multiplatform with
no more exclusives, that was a smart thing to say, so when
are they going to live up to it.

Isn't SpikeOut coming to Xbox, from Sega-AV? Yeah, unless it was cancelled. (or solely for the Sega/Xbox arcade board)

its more of an expansion pack than a new game...
I know, but apparently this time, port will have beter graphics, faster loading times, and a very interesting 'Quest' mode where you go in 'arcades', fight on tournaments and have to fight your away to the top. That mode will have AI programmed according to the style played by the most experienced VF players.

As I don't have VF4 yet, I'll happily wait for this release :)

Magnum PI:

> where did this stoopid rumors originate from ?

Various msg boards. GA being one of them.

CaptainHowdy:

> so basically, PS2 is getting another Sega Hits pack

Except the games are sold seperately.

> that was a smart thing to say, so when are they going to live up to it.

It's Tetsu Kayama... the man is a raving lunatic.

Blade:

> Isn't SpikeOut coming to Xbox, from Sega-AV?

Yep. The titles announced today are not Sega's full line-up.

Back