Mechwarrior Online (MWO) Free to Play "done right"

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/

That is probably the best offline tool. Things to note: Upgraded Armor (Ferris) and Structure (Endo) are LIGHTER but they take up more SLOTS. Keep that in mind.

The models are "Hard Point" designed so you can only install weapons to their hard points. Keep that in mind as some Hard Points do NOT have enough slots for all weapons of that category--even if you have the weight.

Example: The Cataphract has a Ballistic Hard Point in EACH arm. So I was testing it out and learned even though it has the Weight to carry 2x AC/20s (big auto cannons) it does NOT have the slots on the Ballistics.

My suggestion is to think of some weapons you like and look over the mechs who can carry it. e.g. If you want Dual Gauss look at all the models with 2x Ballistics and see if they have enough Slots. Then see if they have enough weight + armor. Then see what engine you can fit in. If it is too slow then start fresh, either with different weapons OR a bigger Mech.

It definitely takes some practice as you have to balance hard points, weight, and slots while ensuring you have enough armor, a big enough engine, enough heat sinks, and ammo to go along with your guns--plus trimmings like ECM, Jump Jets, and AMS.

Ultimately you cannot have everything.

thanks the link, is there a legend?

im confused which one is representing what weapon.
there E, M, 1 2 3 with different colors on hard point.

Legend and overview of mechs, weapons, etc:

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/

E = Energy (lasers, PPCs)
B = Ballistic (Auto Cannons, MGs)
M = Missile (LRMs, SRMs, SSRMs)

The number next to them are the number of hard points--if you have 2B that means you have 2 Ballistic Hard Points. So you could stick in two Ballistic Weapons IF you have the slots. e.g.

JM6-DD

On this mech, a 65 Ton Heavy Jagermech JM6-DD, there are 6 Ballistic Hard points, 3 on each arm.

On the LEFT ARM, as I had 3 hard points, I fit 3x AC/2 auto cannons.

On the RIGHT ARM I could fit 1x AC/20. Even though I have 2x unused hard points I consumed all the critical slots so I can fit nothing more on the limb.

Time to get a B3D wrecking crew together. I can't believe how much real money I've spent on this game already. I've got something like 30 mechs already.

My Jager DD runs two AC/20s. My Jager S rocks two Gauss rifles and four MLs.

Time to get a B3D wrecking crew together. I can't believe how much real money I've spent on this game already. I've got something like 30 mechs already.

My Jager DD runs two AC/20s. My Jager S rocks two Gauss rifles and four MLs.

:oops:

Hmm I can't open the spoiler box. Btw my username there are the same as here :D

What hours do you usually play? Preferably in GMT format

I jumped on the weekend sale and started toying with the BJ-1X first. Much like the Jagermech the large torsos make XL engines risky. i.e. I died really quick.So the 2x ERLLas 4xMLas rig with a 260XL, while quick and had a little punch far out, once the match got close range bigger mechs would blow my engines and I was gone.

So I tweaked and decided to go with a "Limb Eater" 8x MLas. That worked really well. I have tweaked it down to 6x MLas 225 Standard engine with TAG and filled up on Double Heat Sinks. The ideal range with the MLas is under 275M so as long as I remember to look for close engagements and provide more cover/flanking aid to larger mechs this little guy really tears right through armor. A 30pt Alpha isn't huge but being able to spin off 4x 30pt Alphas (120pt potential damage) in a row before worrying about heat is really nice (add in another if I buy a Cool Flush module). I have been able to sneak in some really nice flanks and go in totally unnoticed and core enemy mechs. The big thing is to be focused on a body part and hit it and know when to tuck tail and run because the Black Jack isn't strong enough to get in a fire fight alone.

After some tweaking and some advice at ARS this is what I ended up with: I went with the 245 Standard with 6xMLas and 19 Heat Sinks. I can swap a Heat Sink for TAG, swap 2 Heat Sinks for 2x MLas or drop 1x Heart Sink and switch in AMS and Ammo and slightly decrease the leg armor. This seems to be a good balance between swapping easily between Heat, Best Alpha, TAG for Teamwork, and Anti-Missile setups.

So with the Black Jack 1X I settled with a 245 Standard engine (88kph) to quickly switch in and out these loadouts:

Best Heat: 6x MLas + 19 HSinks
Best Alpha: 8x MLas + 17 HSinks
Best Team: 6x MLas + 18 HSinks + TAG
Best Anti-Missile: 6x Mlas + 17 HSinks + AMS & Ammo

And if I want something with more long range touch I can put the 225 STD engine that is comes with and tweak the HSinks and go with 2x ERLas and 2x MLas. You could tweak down armor and HSinks if you wanted more MLas. But I think trying to find a "role" on the battlefield with this little guy will be more effective. Jack of All Trades doesn't seem to work unless you have an Assault.

the bot customization are too much for me. i ended collecting light mech to complete the pilot perks :D

i farm points/money by run-gunning many mech. I wont kill them, but i got assist.

12v12 is now live.

EDIT: We need to pick a way to know someone is online to play as the ingame finder stinks.

I am thinking of rolling out a 2 x LB 10-X AC and as well, for giggles, a 2 x Gauss.

JM6-DD 2 x Gauss :D Took a few rounds to get used to it--knowing the map is essential--but wow, can this thing a) rip off parts and b) intimidate enemy mechs.

It is a good way to suppress the enemy. Lights don't stand a chance. Enemies with large arms are particularly fun to limb. And you sometimes get a head shot--it is a giddy feeling when you are damaged and a full health Assault comes over a ridge and as his head pops up you get a head shot, That happened the other day against a Victor when we there were just a few of us left. They outnumbered us and had the Assault. With their Assault down it became Light clean up duty :D

Just remember: this is a flag capping game. Not a sniping game. The best way to use this is to help do an early cap in Conquest and then straddle the lanes to the cap while flanking to support your friends. You can, from 1000m, be out of LRM range but put on 20pt damage. All the while watching for sneaky caps. Had a game last night where I picked off two attempts to cap our 3rd flag. Being able to defend a flag by yourself 1v1 (because you have a huge range advantage) while offering some flanking support is a solid role.

CTF-4X Dual Gauss + 4x ML + 1 x JJ. This could be easily modded for more armor, more HSinks, more JJ, AMS, etc by subbing in/out MLs. Drop the JJ and go with the 280XL it comes with. The extra 5 Tons the CTF has over the JM6 makes for a much better built. The down side is the CTF has HUGE arms.

#1. We need to set a night to play together. Maybe we could use Steam / Steam chat to coordinate? MWO isn't a steam game BUT the ingame chat and friend list is pretty poor.\

#2. I have been toying with builds. I like my Jager Gauss boat. That said 2 x AC/5 2 X ML and 4 x MG (no hit, high crit) has a sustained DPS above 10, weighs in at 20T before ammo, and is low heat. I did an excel spreadsheet of the various weapon combos, heat, tonnage, etc as I was trying to find the best mixed load with good alpha and good DPS. I discovered the rig I had been running may be the best all around combo for weight, heat, range, balanced alpha and DPS, etc. 2 x AC/5 with 4 MLas or 3 x AC/5 with 2 MLas have a crazy 13.33 DPS and 25-30 alpha BUT heat is an issue. All about trade offs.

I got my first LRM boat. Fun times! Now I just need someone with TAG or NARCO!

I don't know if I will do a Stalker or Atlas first but playing the Atlas is fun. An Atlas D-DC with AC20, 2 x ER LLas, and 2 x SRM6 and ECM for your viewing enjoyment. ECM will force people in close and with an Alpha of 62 you can core most mechs in a couple volleys. Heat is an issue but you can do 3 Alpha's in 16 second which, with the Atlas armor, is more than enough to crush most opponents. If you were confident at close range engagement swap out the ER LLas for Large Pulse for more focused damage.

A Gauss variant, or a Gauss and PPC is also possible some tweaking if you wanted to convert the Atlas to a long engagement but still formidable in close range. 58 Alpha and Gauss+2xPPC is 35 damage at distance. With ECM they won't get an LRM lock easy and if they try to come in close to fight you have the 2xSRM6 to punch them with and then use the Gauss/PPC to tear off weakened limbs.

Yummy.

i tried using Dragon with 1 ER PPC and 1 Gauss. Its a nice robot for sniping but completely useless when a small robot come to me. Dragon have very big chest, it cover my field of view :(

1. I have steam but almost never update it, will be glad to add steam :D (btw how to change steam username? i wrongly use my real name ugh..)

2. i noticed that all weapon have heat parameter on "0". On offline mechwarrior, i remember that PPC can make other bot get heated up. Its not implemented on MWO?

Back