ME2 - Anomaly Detected!

BoardBonobo

My hat is white(ish)!
Veteran
Whilst playing ME2 on the PS3 I cam across the following weirdness which I presumed was just a homage to the PS1 era!?

Did anyone else get this? Apologies if it's already been posted.

Attachments

• ME2 PS1 scenery.JPG
    ME2 PS1 scenery.JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 87
Looks like a texture filtering bug. Bioshock had a similar issue until it was patched (PS3).

I thought you've meant the new DLC that was busted a few days ago, "The Arrival"...
(those who finished the game should get chills from this title)

I thought you've meant the new DLC that was busted a few days ago, "The Arrival"...
(those who finished the game should get chills from this title)

New DLC!? Slight twitch in right eye. The Arrival... Still haven't finished all the side missions in ME2 yet.

Back to the PS1 style texture mapping though, there was a distinct cut off in one section where the normal nicely mapped cave floor suddenly turns into a chequer board nightmare where shrubbery expands as you get closer to it. This was the only section in which it happened. Oh well.

New DLC!? Slight twitch in right eye. The Arrival... Still haven't finished all the side missions in ME2 yet.

Back to the PS1 style texture mapping though, there was a distinct cut off in one section where the normal nicely mapped cave floor suddenly turns into a chequer board nightmare where shrubbery expands as you get closer to it. This was the only section in which it happened. Oh well.

The Firewalker missions... YES i encountered the exact same thing... it was uttely hideous and for a moment i thought it was my PS3 n the verge of YLOD'ing on me :oops:

At least it wasn't just me... phew

*strokes his PS3* don't worry Marmaduke, the doctor says it's a common problem for everyone :D

Back