Me and Comcast might be parting ways, THE F#CK$!

Fios is coming here in the next couple of weeks, can't wait to ditch comcast and never look back.
All the digging/wiring is all done, it's just waiting to be activated.

You lucky bloke you! I wish Verizon FIOS was an option here.

Ugh, just found out Uverse isn't available at the new place yet. It's either AT&T or Comcast. :???:

I wonder if I can live under 250Gb/mos...

Yup. UVerse is and it doesn't have a cap, it's available in my Highland location but not yet in our new Crown Point home. :(

I'm gonna try and cut my useage in half and see if that makes 'em happy, at least showing some effort to meet 'em halfway. :)

They don't have any sort of higher servicing package for internet, like a business setup? Of course it might cost more, but it should get em off your back.

I don't know, I'll go check into it. Costing more isn't really an option, with the move I have a feeling things will be tight for a while. :???:

Their site doesn't say. I'm gonna try hard to behave with Comcast for a while I think. I may not be able to stay under 250GB/mos, but hopefully I'll be able to fly low enough to stay under the radar of Comsec. ;)

I don't wanna go back to DSL, I just can't! :oops:

No neighbors to leech off their wifi? for torrenting or usenetting or streaming?

No neighbors to leech off their wifi? for torrenting or usenetting or streaming?
Seriously? We went from tolerating him when he steals content (games, movies, shows) to now encouraging him to steal someones bandwidth? WTF!

Idle bandwidth is wasted bandwidth. ;)

Those with open WIFI and no QOS enabled are just begging for it.

This is like one of those helpless and hopeless wrecks, where you know it won't and doesn't do any good to try to help, so you provide suggestions to see exactly how SNAFU the situation gets. :LOL:

Seriously? We went from tolerating him when he steals content (games, movies, shows) to now encouraging him to steal someones bandwidth? WTF!

Watching shows that you would get aired to you anyway or that won't be getting to your country for years is grey zone at best

I can't do that, it's against my ethics unfortunately. Even I got a couple.

When I find unsecured networks around I try and find out who it is and explain to them how to and the importance of locking down their network. These are my neighbors, I sort of figure you're supposed to help your neighbors out.

So far I've locked down 3 networks in my neighborhood, if I find anymore I'll do the same thing. :p

Idle bandwidth is wasted bandwidth. ;)
If everyone lived in an unlimited world you might have a point. However, if you only pay for a few gigs a month, leaching of them is stealing no questions about it.
Those with open WIFI and no QOS enabled are just begging for it.
Judge she was wearing a really short skirt and low cut blouse. She was begging for it..... See how silly your point is?
This is like one of those helpless and hopeless wrecks, where you know it won't and doesn't do any good to try to help, so you provide suggestions to see exactly how SNAFU the situation gets. :LOL:
The most straight forward and honest thing here is to tell DW to stop fucking stealing. Lets all be grown ups here and admit that he does not download hundreds of Linux ISOs. :rolleyes: Dude needs to start realizing that he is stealing from many members of B3D. We have dozens of developers/industry people who are being hurt by him.

The most straight forward and honest thing here is to tell DW to stop fucking stealing. Lets all be grown ups here and admit that he does not download hundreds of Linux ISOs. :rolleyes: Dude needs to start realizing that he is stealing from many members of B3D. We have dozens of developers/industry people who are being hurt by him.

While that may or may not be true, it's harder to use bandwidth as a judge of pirating with the advent of digital delivery. Whether you pirate or buy a DD version, it'll end up consuming the same amound of bandwidth.

Now granted 800 GB of games would certainly represent a lot of money. :) But I don't think he downloaded 150+ plus games that month. :)

And I believe Digi has started to actually buy games thanks to Steam. :D Oh and if using Steam, you'd actually use more bandwidth if you had multiple computers (same game on multiple comps) than you would if pirating. ;)

Regards,
SB

Back