Massachusetts court: Ban on gay marriage unconstitutional

epicstruggle said:
look at my earlier posts i think ive been pretty clear that marriage of gays is a big no-no for me. But union is acceptable. Its just that its getting confusing, so i just did a quick marriage/union if youd rather i use one or the other please let me know.
yeah no worries, i was just recapping ;)

not here, so lets also give them the same rights as the ones your trying to fight for.

why not, if they don't harm anyone. The lagality of it will be a bit tricky especially when it comes to property and such, but hey if they are willing adults, good for them.

why is it harmful, [...] So why cant a young person(under 15) get married to a grown up if they are competent. Have some test. if they are then let them, its not hurting you, right?

i just explained why it can be harmful. I don't think at 10 years old a child can make competent decision. They (usually, there are some instances where a child CAN be competent even at a tender age, but it's rare) follow what adults tell them to do, even if it's wrong, because they don't know it's wrong. That's why it is harmful.

For me they are one and the same. To many people they are too. My point is if you allow one, lets allow all the others.

wow now thats a bit of a shock...

I think everyone has an influence on society and because people all have different opinions it becomes problamatic.

I remember watching the news a year ago when an anti abortionist went into an abortion clinic and killed someone and shot a few other people. The reason he had done it was because "women were killing innocent children".

See? Everyone can influence society. ;)

london-boy said:
For me they are one and the same. To many people they are too. My point is if you allow one, lets allow all the others.

wow now thats a bit of a shock...
Why, my life experiences are different then yours. Why should my beliefs be something you accept. I dont accept the lifestyles of many, and dont expect them to think the way i live my life is good/bad.
Look i operate one of the motels my dad owns in detroit. I see alot of people cheating on their wives, getting prostitutes, and alot of other sick behaviour. Its all sickening to me, how people live their lives. But in contrast I dont drink (alcohol), dont eat meat, dont believe in premarital sex, have faith in god(s), think much of todays society is complete trash. I dont expect you to approve of the way i live, or think that it is good. Dont expect me to approve of yours.

later,
epic

kiler, come on please remove the stupid sig. Why do you want to go there again. Do you just want attention. Im begging you take it down, please.

later,
epic

epicstruggle said:
rabidrabbit said:
K.I.L.E.R said:
In the end this discussion/argument is worthless. People will do whatever the hell they want, whenever they want and however they want.

IE: Take a look at me and my sig. :D

Interesting to watch an argument like this from afar. ;)
eh :? what's with your sig and you???
lets just say his last 2 sigs contained spoilers for 2 highly anticipated movies. rotk, and xmen3. I took issue with that, and thankfully kiler decided to take them down.

later,
epic

well, 4 the first u just need to read the book, which millions of people have...

for the second it's just a matter of picking the different routes the movie could take in dealing with the Xmen saga... ;)

epicstruggle said:
Why, my life experiences are different then yours. Why should my beliefs be something you accept. I dont accept the lifestyles of many, and dont expect them to think the way i live my life is good/bad.
Look i operate one of the motels my dad owns in detroit. I see alot of people cheating on their wives, getting prostitutes, and alot of other sick behaviour. Its all sickening to me, how people live their lives. But in contrast I dont drink (alcohol), dont eat meat, dont believe in premarital sex, have faith in god(s), think much of todays society is complete trash. I dont expect you to approve of the way i live, or think that it is good. Dont expect me to approve of yours.

later,
epic

no no no u got it wrong!! really, it's just a shock for me to see someone put homosexuality on the same level of Pedophilia....
All the rest, i fully agree, apart from the no-sex-before-marriage thing...
And i really don't expect you to accept "my way of life" (which is not much lately, with work and uni and all ;) ), and if it sounded like i'm trying to impose my point, then i'm sorry, didn't mean to. Only exchanging opinions here :D

london-boy said:
well, 4 the first u just need to read the book, which millions of people have...

for the second it's just a matter of picking the different routes the movie could take in dealing with the Xmen saga... ;)
no guarantee that everyone who watched the movie, read the book. Ill wager more people have seen the movies than read the books.

later,
epic

I haven't read the books but I have seen only the first 2 movies. I spoil myself. :D

Back OT: You still haven't answered my hidden question Epicstruggle. In what way do Natomo, Joe and yourself want to change society?

london-boy:people should live their lives the way the see fit. I think we both agree on that. The way i live my life is right for me. Your way is right for you. Our views do collide on this issue of marriage/union (what ever term you want to use). It does not mean your wrong or that im right. Im trying to keep society from sinking lower into the depths of hell (IMO). And your trying to better society by giving gays the same rights others enjoy(In Your Opinion). As long as we keep the discussion civilized, i see no point in the discussion ending. ;)
[sick mode on]
About pedophilia, no matter what, those under the age of 12/13 should be always protect by society from predators. But have you not noticed that in the last few years that kids younger and younger are having sex. So whats the difference between 2 14 year olds having sex and a 14 year old and an adult, when all involved willingly consent.
[sick mode off]
Im getting tired of seeing society being corrupted. Did you know that kids are now wearing sex bracelets telling those in the know what kinda sex they are willing to have. young teens are selling their body to get money for their pimps. Oprah did a story on white suburban 13/14 year olds going to the mall of america to sell their bodies. One girl was turning 20+ tricks a day from her home. (source:http://www.oprah.com/tows/pastshows/200309/tows_past_20030925.jhtml). Drugs being common place. Tv shows with no morals. I could go on if this didnt make me sick to my stomach.

Gay marriage was just the straw that broke my back. Ill say it again, if you support these benefits get those on your side to stop calling it a marriage.

later,
epic
[edit]grammar error

K.I.L.E.R said:
I haven't read the books but I have seen only the first 2 movies. I spoil myself. :D

Back OT: You still haven't answered my hidden question Epicstruggle. In what way do Natomo, Joe and yourself want to change society?
natoma, wants gay unions/marriage. I dont want a gay union to be called a marriage. I think joe's position is similar to mine.

later,
epic

I can't remember if I've read the books :?

I know the story, so there's no spoiling for me, I know I started reading the book(s) sometimes 10 years ago, but didn't finish it at one go.

I've seen the animated film of LOTR after that, and started reading the books several times along the years, but I just don't know if I've really read them through.
The story and events are familiar, but I don't know if it is because I've read the books, seen the animated films, or just 'cos the story is told and copied in so many other occasions.
One thing is sure though, that I haven't read the books through every year like some have.

Well, guess it's time to start reading them again ;)

epicstruggle said:
london-boy:people should live their lives the way the see fit. I think we both agree on that. The way i live my life is right for me. Your way is right for you. Our views do collide on this issue of marriage/union (what ever term you want to use). It does not mean your wrong or that im right. Im trying to keep society from sinking lower into the depths of hell (IMO). And your trying to better society by giving gays the same rights others enjoy(In Your Opinion). As long as we keep the discussion civilized, i see no point in the discussion ending. ;)
[sick mode on]
About pedophilia, no matter what, those under the age of 12/13 should be always protect by society from predators. But have you not noticed that in the last few years that kids younger and younger are having sex. So whats the difference between 2 14 year olds having sex and a 14 year old and an adult, when all involved willingly consent.
[sick mode off]
Im getting tired of seeing society being corrupted. Did you know that kids are now wearing sex bracelets telling those in the know what kinda sex they are willing to have. young teens are selling their body to get money for their pimps. Oprah did a story on white suburban 13/14 year olds going to the mall of america to sell their bodies. One girl was turning 20+ tricks a day from her home. (source:http://www.oprah.com/tows/pastshows/200309/tows_past_20030925.jhtml). Drugs being common place. Tv shows with no morals. I could go on if this didnt make me sick to my stomach.

Gay marriage was just the straw that broke my back. Ill say it again, if you support these benefits get those on your side to stop calling it a marriage.

later,
epic
[edit]grammar error

No prob, only exchanging opinions. U might be in the same position as Joe, but at least u're normal. And the fact that you can explain it so much better than him without getting confrontational and just go "Because i'm right and you aint" proves my point.
Yes the world is a gutter, child prostitution and anything child-related in these issue makes me sick, but of course i put that in another Universe to Homosexual unions. No comparison.

epicstruggle said:
Im getting tired of seeing society being corrupted. Did you know that kids are now wearing sex bracelets telling those in the know what kinda sex they are willing to have.

Quick search on the net:

Note: The VAST MAJORITY of people who wear jelly bracelets do not consider them "sex bracelets". The idea that middle schoolers are wearing jelly bracelets and having sex is, as far as we can tell, a media myth.

http://www.sex-bracelets.com/

What do sex bracelet colors stand for?

The color code for sex bracelets seems to vary according to location; purple may mean anal sex in one city and holding hands in another. We've listed some of the most common meanings for sex bracelet colors, submitted from sources across the U.S. Possible alternate meanings are listed in parentheses. If you have doubts about what a color means, ask someone who's wearing sex bracelets in your local area.

The one thing that everyone seems to agree upon is that the color black = sexual intercourse

Black: sexual intercourse

Blue: blow job (alternate meaning: lap dance)

Green: cunnilingus (alternate meaning: outdoor sex, hug)

Clear: whatever you want (alternate meaning: hug)

Orange: kiss

Yellow: hug (alternate meaning: analingus)

Red: lap dance (alternate meaning: French kiss, oral sex)

Purple: anal sex (alternate meaning: holding hands, doggy style)

Silver: fisting

White: flash your tits (alternate meaning: gay kiss, French kiss)

Pink: flashing

Gold glitter: make out

Brown: toss my salad, i.e., analingus

Glow in the dark: using sex toys, e.g. vibrators, dildos, etc.

http://www.sex-bracelets.com/color.shtml

is this a media myth:
Drinking, sex, violence, depression, suicide, school failure, harassment. These are the daily realities of life for many of today's young adolescents. In intimate conversations with middle school-aged adolescents across the country - from well-to-do suburbs, rural communities and big cities - the years from eleven to fourteen emerge as a difficult and dangerous time of transition. And not just for these young people, but also for their parents.
source:http://www.hbofamily.com/programs/parent_handbook/middle_school_confessions.html

in the year 2001:
One in 12 students (8.3 percent) experience their first sexual intercourse before age 13, and a quarter of all children (24 percent of girls and 27 percent of boys) have had sex by age 15
source:http://www.naesp.org/ContentLoad.do?contentId=523

im not in middle school, so i cant speak first hand about the sex bracelets. I assumed the news was correct. The point remains that younger and younger kids are having sex.

later,
epic

epicstruggle said:
im not in middle school, so i cant speak first hand about the sex bracelets. I assumed the news was correct. The point remains that younger and younger kids are having sex.

Maybe I come from a more liberal country in that respect, but those numbers seem pretty normal to me...

Apart from that, my post wasn't serious. I found it rather amusing that yellow isn't yellow everywhere.. and a sign for a hugging could result in someone literally kissing your a** ;)

london-boy said:
You fail to see many points, Joe, it seems, although u expect people to fully comprehend yours..

I repeat for you AGAIN, london:

Now, since you believe [gay marriage] will have a positive impact on "society", then it logically follows that if I believe it will have a negative impact on society, THEN IT DOES CONCERN ME. Or am I not a part of society, and my decendents not a part of society?

That's my point. Got it?

Interestingly enough, I'v e ASKED YOU what the hell your point was several times (because mostly all you've done so far is contradict yourself, and claimed I said or implied things that I haven't, etc.)

So, what's your point, london? Other than to try to make my position out as something that it's not?

Me said:
Now, you didn't answer my question (again.) Does this mean that if we had such a "perfect law", that you think anyone who broke it should be killed, wiped out, exiled, stripped of all rights, etc.?

london said:
No, Mr Patronismo, and this time i for one fail to see where this thing came from. killed/wiped out/exiled??? how did u get into this?

YOU said:

"Joe.... What is YOUR point??
Oh wait, "homosexuals" (very "medical" term straight people use, hate it personally) should not exist. Wow... So much for democracy..."

And

"In his own words, gay marriage will take society down, gay people shouldnt have children, gay people shouldnt have any kind of rights. "

The ONLY part of those that's even remotely accurate, is that I believe gay marriage will hurt societal structure. It will lessen it. Not destroy it, "take it down", or what-not. Everything else in there (no rights, shouldn't exist, shouln't have children, is complete and utter RUBBISH.

no, it has to do with what we're discussing here, which is your view on Law following what was written in the Bible 2000 years ago.

No, it has to do with my view on Homosexuality, (which I've had BEFORE I became a Lutheran), which happens to be consistent with Lutheran beliefs.

Of course these things have been proven "bullshit" over the years, however the gay issue is still there up and running after 2000 years. See the incoherence?

Only yours, london-boy.

yeah, i'm insane,

personally i don't care, but if i did, no it would be nice if people did whatever they want as long as they don't harm anyone....

(I see you just forgot the whole entire proof we went through about affecting society...)

...and they're consentual adults.

And I'm not in favor of any laws banning homosexual activity. They can physcially do "whatever they want" for all I care.

Homosexual activity != Marriage.

london-boy said:
why not, if they don't harm anyone. The lagality of it will be a bit tricky especially when it comes to property and such, but hey if they are willing adults, good for them.

Funnily enough, the MA supreme court appears to disagree with you. That's my point in my very first post in this thread

The MA supreme court made it clear that monogamous relationships are cherished. They've gone to bat protecting one on one relationships, which of course excludes polygamy.

Seems to me that if polygamists brought a case up to the MA supreme court, they would reject it.

And I like you don't see how they could do that (because polygamy is not cherished?), and at the same time preserve the rights for same sex marriage.

Who is it that should be making the decisions on what's "cherished" or not? Not judges. The people.

You think gays, polygamist, etc should be able to marry. That's fine. The Judges, apparently, feel it's OK for Gays...but not polygamists. That strikes me as inconsistent, and it should strike you the same way.

london-boy said:
No prob, only exchanging opinions. U might be in the same position as Joe, but at least u're normal. And the fact that you can explain it so much better than him without getting confrontational and just go "Because i'm right and you aint" proves my point.

Lol...again,...eveything goes completely over your head. Please point out to me where I said "I'm right and you aint". I've said and pointed out repeatedly that you are continually making statements and implications about my stance that are not correct.

We have a difference of opinion about homosexual marriage. I'm not "right" any more than you are. But you are / were wrong about several of the accusations leveled because of our difference of opinion.

Joe DeFuria said:
london-boy said:

Funnily enough, the MA supreme court appears to disagree with you. That's my point in my very first post in this thread

The MA supreme court made it clear that monogamous relationships are cherished. They've gone to bat protecting one on one relationships, which of course excludes polygamy.

Seems to me that if polygamists brought a case up to the MA supreme court, they would reject it.

And I like you don't see how they could do that (because polygamy is not cherished?), and at the same time preserve the rights for same sex marriage.

Who is it that should be making the decisions on what's "cherished" or not? Not judges. The people.

You think gays, polygamist, etc should be able to marry. That's fine. The Judges, apparently, feel it's OK for Gays...but not polygamists. That strikes me as inconsistent, and it should strike you the same way.

Actually, i don't think they should be able to Marry, because, as i explained in my posts of today, Marriage as a Christian value OF COURSE bars gays out of it, since Christianity does not support homosexuality AT ALL. Union is what we've started to call it, so there...
In the end, all i'm saying is that gay couples should not have the law obstructing them just because they're gay. The Marriage word is all yours to keep for all i care...

Of course they are incosistent in allowing "marriage" for gay people but not polygamists, but hey, do u expect them to completely change marriage as we know it all at once? And to keep things clear, i wouldn't want polygamists to get married, it freaks me out. But if that's what they want to do, i don't see how it can take society down (together with Gay Marriage/Union/Whatever u want to call it).

Reading my posts of yesterday, i did sound a bit confrontational, and i'm sorry for that. Serious.

Back