March Madness; American college basketball fun

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
Should be starting soon and I'm actually excited, Purdue won yesterday so they tied for first in the Big10 and are ranked #6 nationally.

Boilermakers GO!

This is my favorite time of year for sports. Especially the opening 2 rounds since there are always some great finishes. My dad and uncle went to Purdue so I'll be rooting for them though I'm really hoping Florida squeezes into the field. A win over Kentucky tomorrow would seal the deal for Florida, but the chances of that happening are slim.

I don't really follow sports much anymore, and really not college ball...but my wife has been watching almost every game I've sort of gotten sucked in along with her.

They beat IU, TWICE! First time they beat Indiana University on their home court in like 70 years, it's been a really good season for 'em. :D

Go Gonzaga Bulldogs. :) Spokane is going to be nuts if they actually do get Spokane for the first 2 rounds as predicted.

Regards,
SB

logo_purdue.jpg

Boo-Yah. Saint Mary's knocked off number 7 seeded Richmond. Go West Coast Conference...hehe.

Looking like the Big East was hugely overrated this year, as least in the first half the bracket. 1-3 so far. And Georgetown losing to 14th seeded Ohio, ouch.

Hopefully, Gonzaga can make it back to the sweet 16, but I think the team is too young and overachieved this year. Shown by blowing their chance to play in Spokane by losing to Saint Mary's after beating them both times in the regular season.

Regards,
SB

Modern American slavery :p
Never heard of that analogy before, but it's amusing.

The way I see it, if you can constrain the free market in a way that makes more money go to universities while making everyone happy, including the 'slaves', let it be...

Bah, Gonzaga didn't make it, but then they over-achieved in a rebuilding year anyway. Just hope Elias Harris doesn't leave for the NBA after his freshman year.

But it was nice seeing Saint Mary's pretty much dominate number 2 seeded Villanova. Guess I'll have to root for them now. :p

Regards,
SB

Yeah, Purdue did a really good job this year, it was a pleasure to see them playing like this, everbody was spot on. The college basketball tournament was great this year, saw a lot of interesting and thrilling games. Also a lot of surprises, so it never got boring. Underdogs beat top seeded teams, that's one of the fine features of March Madness, you can never be sure that the top teams make it to the finals.

Back