*Major Rumour* Tommorow (29-03-07) Microsoft will have a big annoucement

SpatZuiver

Newcomer
On an dutch forum people going apes around the newest rumour. Microsoft will announce a major exclusive tommorow, 2K games will have his stakeholdermeeting tommorow. Could it be that Microsoft buys 2k games or maybe Rockstar??

Prob GTAIV trailer in HD on XBL. Highly doubt exclusivity or MS buying R*. It just doesn't make financial sense. Then again, MS did buy Rare. :devilish:

On an dutch forum people going apes around the newest rumour. Microsoft will announce a major exclusive tommorow, 2K games will have his stakeholdermeeting tommorow. Could it be that Microsoft buys 2k games or maybe Rockstar??

Actually, its R* and 2k's parent company "Take Two" thats rumored to be up for sale. Not necesarily one of those two ;)

If MS buys 2k that would be Sweet! They could actually bid for that NFL license and possibly :oops: take it from EA...

The ramifications for such a move would be ... huge.

Then again ... FTC.

So it's more likely an exclusive on the new 2k football game. (Hopefully not just the trailer for GTA4 :rolleyes: )

If MS buys 2k that would be Sweet! They could actually bid for that NFL license and possibly :oops: take it from EA...

The ramifications for such a move would be ... huge.

Ya like EA pulling it's games from the 360, like the Xbox back in the day. MS and Sony tred very lightly with EA.

on10.net larry said:
Re: BREAKING: Two exclusives in two days
Posted today at 2:52 AM by Larry
Tomorrow's video has nothing to do with Xbox 360

from the on10.net comment section. just lower your expectations now.

Pity.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I never agree with you on anything else, this much is true, however, I think that both MSFT and SONY now have enough clout to not have to bow to all of EA Sports terms. I don't know if there is a gentlemens agreement between MSFT and EA with regards to sports but I can say MSFT is in a much stronger position than they were with the original XBOX.

Ya, I have a hard time imagining a scenario where EA can explain to it's shareholders why it's not supporting X360 in the current marketplace. It would be hugely detrimental to their revenue this cycle.

Ya like EA pulling it's games from the 360, like the Xbox back in the day. MS and Sony tred very lightly with EA.

If I never agree with you on anything else, this much is true, however, I think that both MSFT and SONY now have enough clout to not have to bow to all of EA Sports terms. I don't know if there is a gentlemens agreement between MSFT and EA with regards to sports but I can say MSFT is in a much stronger position than they were with the original XBOX.

If EA were to pull their games lineup from xb360 they would be hurting themselves as much as xb360 as most of EA sales are in the US which is dominated by xb360 currently and likely will remain the lead in this region among HD consoles. Madden sales are profitable to EA but not as profitable as the rest of their entire lineup on xb360.

Good points though guys.

Ha, EA would be the one screwed there, as they miss out on the best selling game base currently by far for their type of Western games.

If its not 360 related, maybe Zune 2.0?
Oy. I can see it now, a one-two combo from Microsoft: 1) Announce the "interesting" Elite edition of the Xbox 360 and 2) Announce a new version of Zune that lets you play casual games on it.

The Xbox team, I believe, should be single-minded in their goal of increasing their install base. I don't see the Elite doing that. And any Zune announcements...just...no.

If they actually design the Zune intelligently and make it work with their huge base already then it could be a great product. The problem with the Zune right now is that a lot of its qurks are completely weird considering Microsoft and the Windows family as a whole and the integration.

Oy. I can see it now, a one-two combo from Microsoft: 1) Announce the "interesting" Elite edition of the Xbox 360 and 2) Announce a new version of Zune that lets you play casual games on it.

The Xbox team, I believe, should be single-minded in their goal of increasing their install base. I don't see the Elite doing that. And any Zune announcements...just...no.

So I guess i shouldnt hold my breath for the +rep due to my insightful prediction? ;)

If they actually design the Zune intelligently and make it work with their huge base already then it could be a great product. The problem with the Zune right now is that a lot of its qurks are completely weird considering Microsoft and the Windows family as a whole and the integration.

They can start with podcast support and a relevant amount of HD space for something thats supposed to be great at showing video.

The zune is dead. Microsoft design-by-committee killed it. They killed the name, and no matter what they do now with zune 2.0 it will be "oh, that strange microsoft ipod competitor, the one that was totally compromised?". Only profits from office and windows keeps the zune zombie chest rising and falling..

Back