Magna Carta 2 announced for Xbox 360

ecliptic

Newcomer
September 29, 2005 - Japanese support for the Xbox 360 keeps on building, with a new pledge coming today from Banpresto. The company has already announced its first Xbox 360 game, a next generation entry in the Super Robot Taisen series of anime-based strategy titles. Today, the company announced a second title: Magna Carta 2.

Banpresto will publish the RPG, which is being developed by Korean developer Softmax. Details on what we can expect of the title are still locked away somewhere on the Korean peninsula, but Banpresto has been able to commit to a Japanese release in the year 2007.

The first Magna Carta hit Japanese PS2s in November of 2004, going on to sell upwards of 200,000 copies. The game primarily drew attention as being the first original RPG PS2 RPG developed by a Korean developer. The PSP will, this Winter, get a version of the original under the name Magna Carta Portable.

Atlus will be bringing the original Magna Carta to America later this year, and with success, the sequel will likely follow.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/654/654633p1.html

Interesting. I said along time ago that I expected box 360 to gain more developer support in japan compared to the first xbox. I don't think there's any way you can do worse than they did the first time aorund.

Qroach said:
Interesting. I said along time ago that I expected box 360 to gain more developer support in japan compared to the first xbox. I don't think there's any way you can do worse than they did the first time aorund.
*cough*Korea*cough*

Just curious, but has anyone here played Magna Carta? Comments? I'm all for more RPGs :)

lol, all MS needs is for Blizzard to port WoW to the X360. ;)

hmmm...for some reason I though Magna Carta was a MMO. Nice. So the 360 is getting another offline RPG. I'm really digging the RPG (offline) support for the 360. Better for me!

Back