MAG

Funny that most people in here that have a different opinion than me in regards to the game, play mostly the map/mode that I think is the weakest/worst ie Sabotage.

While both the two other modes are less TDM'y and very object based and to me works okay, if you can get your squad to play somewhat coherently.
If you don't play in a smart clan, I can't see that happening. Which is why the rest of us stay with Sabotage, rather than run repeatedly and futily into a conflict only to get rained on by by artillery etc.!

But in AQ and Dom, the Frago is the way to point and push the fighting in certain directions. I have to little experience in playing as PL or OIC to actually see how they can change the tide of a battle, but to me, it currently seems the SL is the one with the best tools to influence a battlefield,
Only if you can get past the bunker phase, but if the opposition are reasonably effective, those bunkers are a nightmare to pull down and the game is thirty minutes with 60 respawns and very little else done.

Also the leaders have a responsibility that doesn't fit some solider classes. No sniper should ever be appointed SL/PL/OIC because their bonuses are for strengthening direct-action attacks. I've seen SL's sitting back on a ridge sniping and it's no wonder the game goes to pot!

I was thinking kind of like how the game informs everyone what to do at the Frago. Select the gate, and if it's up a voice will inform the squad to protect it, if it's down it will say to repair it. I wouldn't necessarily call that AI, but it's a clever little mechanic that adapts itself nicely to the squad leaders intentions. This is just guessing of course.

Playing around with sniper rilfes now. I like the one you start with because it's closest to something like an assault rilfe. And Valor has the best one, I want to put it to good use towards the 1000 kills medal, before vetting over to SVER, which has the worst one. Hopefully the new one will be better.

That 4X scope you can buy for it is actually worse than the default one. I saw a sniper on the roof of the church while standing near objective A, I took 4 shots at him and none them hit. He kills me, I respawn with the default scope, and kill him in 1 shot all the way back from the spawnpoint. I'm also noticing a lot shots hitting invisible walls around objects.

That 4X scope you can buy for it is actually worse than the default one. I saw a sniper on the roof of the church while standing near objective A, I took 4 shots at him and none them hit. He kills me, I respawn with the default scope, and kill him in 1 shot all the way back from the spawnpoint. I'm also noticing a lot shots hitting invisible walls around objects.

If I remember correctly, the Raven 4x scope I paid for is 100c lighter than the free scope in exchange for a slight loss in accuracy.

Yes, I think that's how it works. But that's pretty pointless for a sniper rifle! It's a misleading purchase that noobs will buy only to be disappointed.

Not only that, put the 4X scope on an assault rifle and you'll get much better accuracy. The reflex sight might even be more accurate. It's a pointless purchase. Having the 4X scope as default, and buying the other one would have made more sense.

Yeah, at first I thought the 4x scope offers higher magnification too. The other option is a hand grip I think.

The 100c saving allowed me to carry a chemical grenade (or was that a Claymore ?) together with the health kit, plus the launcher and rifle. Without it, I had to drop one of them for something else. Can't remember the details now.

The new DLC is available in the EU PSN store. Valor's new sniper rifle trades in a little stability for a bit more damage and a slightly higher rate of fire.

SVER's sniper rifle makes the same trade off.

Started all over again at SVER. I hate having to unlock everything again. My guns won't hit anything, the knife doesn't kill anything. Thank god for these XP weekends, so I at least get it over with fast.

I thought they nerfed the MG's? I have yet to buy the stability upgrade for it, and I'm getting tons of kills with it. I'll probably respec soon to the SMG, I've been hearing good things SVER's SMG.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the add-ons. Didn't see the enhanced sniper rifle. I found the improved light machine gun (Apex 100SE). It's more accuracy and stable than Apex 100.

http://blog.mag.com/blog/

Episode 2 of Zippers podcast is up. There is a lot more talk about MAG in it this week. Most interesting I thought was about what they are going to do about the training missions. Apparently they aren't looking to improve those specifically right now, but rather are trying to make it easier the learn things while ingame.

And the big DLC that are going reveal next month, without going into details about it. I'm really looking forward to that.

I'm level 35 on SVER right now. SVER really surprised me, there is still some stupid behaviour from random players, but overall they are pretty good. Actually attacking when we have to attack. And because SVER maps are known for being unbalanced, a lot of the enemies will quit them as soon as the game starts. Making pushing back the remaining players to their spawn rather easy. That also makes for a boring game though.

Well, I'd expect a rifle upgrade, since they seem to need help the most. Though the selection of SMGs and shotties is pretty poor, too.

Oh f*ck, seriously, all that video proved is the demoer's map knowledge and awesome skills (or my non-skill).

Here's his clip about KP7:

(He aims at the head level and flanks folks)

I suspect he can dominate the game with a spoon too.

I just moved over to Valour from SVER in Veteran Mode, I can't believe they get Anti-personal mines as standard without needing to buy them using skill points! Also, the M4A1 is pretty good for a basic assault rifle.

Back