Madden 10

Tap In

Legend
Demo came out yesterday for Gold members on 360. 4, 1 minute quarters, Giants v Cowboys, snow game. silver members and the rest of PSN players will have it next Thursday the 30th

So much better implementation of atmosphere and cut scenes they also added DOF and self shadowing. the game play has been slowed considerably which IMO makes the holes open and the game feels much more real and less like a twitch fest arcade. Aslo the animations and Pro-Tak gang tackling is pretty sweet.

also Gamestop pre-orders get an Exclusive demo (X360 AND PS3 owners) with Superbowl replay 5 minute x 4 quarters which also shows the accelerated closk implementation. speed is adjustable as is ACCEL clock in full version but not demo. the skill level is completely customizable in both demos.

The 5 min qrters REALLY showcased how much more improved the game is. I may actually play it for more than 2 weeks this year. :D

here's the OP sports demo reviews for you hardcore players. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Played the Pre-Order demo, really digging it. The new mini-game to fight for a fumble was really intense, I loved it!

Cutscenes were awesome (being a pittsburgh fan certainly helped to see familiar get-up's on all of the fans!). I think I'm going to buy this day 1.

The demo with 1 minute quarters is certainly no way to get new people aboard. I played one game and then deleted the demo.

agreed. as good as it looks it is more frustrating than anything. Not until I got the pre-order demo did I start to appreciate it. Hell, one 4 minute half with an instant rematch would have been better

Oh, I don't know. I certainly saw enough in the 4 minute demo to see the improvements to the game in terms of mechanics and visuals. I'm surprised, it looks like one of the biggest year over year jumps of any Madden title I've played.

Of course, it'll take the full game until you find out what features they TOOK OUT that really piss off the entire community, but so far, it looks and feels like a huge improvement. Not just slight, huge. I was very impressed, even with that short demo.

Who here has this?

Anyone with the full version can confirm self shadows? The demo lacks them. Now off to find a gamepad guide as the stupid demo doesn't even tell you what buttons do what...

Who here has this?

Anyone with the full version can confirm self shadows? The demo lacks them. Now off to find a gamepad guide as the stupid demo doesn't even tell you what buttons do what...

Yeah, I couldn't believe they did that. Madden is an extremely difficult game for me to play, because I don't have any experience with the series. To throw me into a demo without any idea of how the controls work is basically ensuring a poor experience and a non purchase.

Back