Love Football (Xbox 360) new screenshots

Looks like their rewriting the engine or something, the grass shader certainly looks better. Their certainly spending a lot of time on the Japanese players faces.

OMG, when I saw the first screens a few months back, the game looked kinda interesting. These new screens are horrible though! The lighting and shading looks really crappy, the models and textures are not even half as good as they should be for a next-gen game. If they don't improve the graphics it'll be hard to impress anyone with this game, no matter how good the gameplay might turn out to be...

scooby_dooby said:
this game is terrible, I'm starting to really think Namco just sucks.

Yeah, absolutely. They should have reduced RR6's framerate to 30 and include a photo-mode... ;)

The above screens are pretty bad though. Early build / bad captures maybe?

mckmas8808 said:
This is proof that no matter how good the gameplay is, if the graphics suck the game will suck.
No. It's only the evidence that people can only comment on graphics when all the knowledge they have about a game comes from some screenshots.

Now, that's just rhetoric because the last Footbal(Soccer) game from Namco, Libero Grande, had a terrible gameplay, and juding from the production value of this title I don't think this new game will be anything to write home about.

I dont think Namco sucks. They're making PS2 games that look better than this. It just
seems like they're playing it real safe on the 360. Which is probably a smart thing to do at this point.

seismologist said:
I dont think Namco sucks. They're making PS2 games that look better than this. It just
seems like they're playing it real safe on the 360. Which is probably a smart thing to do at this point.

What do you mean with that?

omg Namco, that looks like ass

I think it's safe to agree with those smart people on the board that say what will determine the best games/visuals among all next gen systems isn't hardware but developer talent, art direction and resources.

I'm thinking this is a World Cup cash-in targeted at Japan fans. Everything about it will suck except for the Japanese players heads and hair and jerseys.

Yeah, Love Football could really look better. But what do you expect when people haven't really had time to work with the console. Besides that this game is only being released in Japan, so unless you're a big J-league fan there is no real reason to fret over it.

I wouldn't say Namco isn't trying, it's a big company so they can't always spend all their money big on everything. Tekken 5, SoulCalibur 3, Katamari Damacy are all fantastic games, with the first two looking absolutely stellar. Keep the faith and I'm sure you'll be seeing some really impressive stuff coming out next year.

i mean i really con't understand the logic, capcom releasing steel baatlion with $100, 30 button controller on xbox , activision releasing ps2 looking tony hawk game on 360, namco relasing screen shots pf a psx looking game on 360, what were they thinking? :cry:

Well, you know it really does cost heaps of money to make games now, so perhaps some of those titles didn't get the proper backing needed to make an A class title. Tony Hawk is just about making some quick bucks, the 100 button controller is just for maniacs, and the soccer is too early to tell...Although you might have read that Namco made RR 6 in seven months, and made the actual game in 7 weeks. It's not PGR3, but play it on an HDD TV and it's one of the pimpest looking games out there right now. At least I think so :D

<nu>faust said:
i mean i really con't understand the logic, capcom releasing steel baatlion with $100, 30 button controller on xbox , activision releasing ps2 looking tony hawk game on 360, namco relasing screen shots pf a psx looking game on 360, what were they thinking? :cry:

We want money for the cheap.

Namco is not consistent here, i think they should just stick to what they do best, invest all their resources into making fighting games and occasionally the odd Ridge Racer.

For Football/soccer gamer, there is only one game that you should play and if you play any other one you are wasting your money. Pro..........

Back