Logitech Wireless Desktop 5000 BT

_xxx_

Banned
Now this is one nice piece of kit! I just got it today.

The range is about 20 meters, I'm just sitting on my couch some 5 meters distance from the TV as I'm writing this and all I can tell is, if I knew it's this comfortable, I'd have bought it as soon as it came out. Everyone with a HTPC needs a BT set, that I can say for sure. And: the speed is absolutely ok for gaming, so I think I can get rid of my "big" PC and just pimp my HTPC a bit.

EDIT: and it also works great with my Razr V3, cool! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I dislike the insert/delete/home/pageup/pagedown orientation. I prefer the old style, so I have one of logitech's older keyboards.

I cant stand the Logitech keys. They just dont have a very good feel to me. I've been on the same MS keyboard for around 5 years now. The key labels are completely worn off!

I need a new one bad, but I want more functions and none of the new MS keyboards feel right either.

The keys are great on this one, feels very much like a laptop keyboard and quite sturdy. I love the touchpad-controls for media stuff as well.

I only use the mouse from this combo, I don't like wireless keyboards. Don't see the point in it (not as if I'm gonna sit on the john and post on B3D or anything), and having to feed it batteries or else not being able to type is just totally unacceptable to me.

So I stick to the mouse, and have a wired backup mouse handy as well. It works just fine in games, except the middle button is too stiff and the notches in the wheel are a bit too loose. I've gotten used to it, but it's not ideal...

Wireless keyboards keep my desk neat. The one I use takes very few batteries. I've had it for over a year and only fed it once.

Sorry to bump, but:

Can someone tell me if the included LCD works like the G(some number) from Logitech? The gaming keyboard?

Skrying said:
Sorry to bump, but:

Can someone tell me if the included LCD works like the G(some number) from Logitech? The gaming keyboard?

I dunno what the G-something does, but this one can do a couple of things. Playlists for media, Win logon infos, calculator and some other stuff I haven't bothered trying yet.

If you're talking about the keyboard that's on my desktop, it is a G15. :p
Not sure if the wireless keyboard's LCD panel would work the same but I see no reason why it wouldn't.

Skrying said:
Sorry to bump, but:

_xxx_ said:
I dunno what the G-something does, but this one can do a couple of things. Playlists for media, Win logon infos, calculator and some other stuff I haven't bothered trying yet.

The G15's LCD can be used to show things such as ammo in game and various other game information on the screen. I've heard you can make your own programs(?) or macro's or whatever for it for various games. It'd be fairly useful to me for showing leveling information, loot information, etc.

Just a curious thing. I dont care for the G15's layout (all those keys on the left bug me), so I was wondering if this one support those same functions as it'd be much more up my alley with all the media support.

Back