Life is Strange (by Dontnod Entertainment) [PS3, X360, PS4, XO]

I was heart broken for two weeks after finishing, truly grief stricken, and still have a good cry over the wonder that it is from time to time (watching let's plays or GMVs or re-playing). I couldn't play any other games or watch any films or TV shows because I was utterly numbed. This kind of reaction seems quite common. It's feelings like that arising from the depth in the telling of the wonderful relationship that flowers again after so many years all while on a rollercoaster that rips you from a cheerful sunny day into a nightmare of having to make the most bitter choices, that makes this game a cult experience.

https://www.reddit.com/r/lifeisstrange/comments/3uewok/shit/

I suppose it just isn't for you.
I just played "Gone Home" and a story that simple, and admittedly with teens, had the effect it was supposed to have on me :) ! I had goosebumps at the end! I get moved by relationships pretty easily in games, if LIS is about that and not about college life, I sure I want in ! That is what I was asking. I mean TLOU is father-daughter to me, not an action game,the whole Geralt 5 book series is a father-daughter story to me, not a fantasy adventure. I think I will get this for sure !

It was on sale a while back, should have bought it then. Will wait for a sale again, hopefully it will go on sale on xmas.

btw theres an anime with similar premise with Life is Strange. It fills the vioid in my heart a bit.

Boku dake machi inai - a city without me - ERASED

The other ending is very emotional and all, but this is, in my opinion, the true ending. We practically spend the whole game trying to save Chloe, without measuring consequences. Arcadia Bay or Chloe? The decision is obvious.

Back