LEGO Batman 3

London Geezer

Legend
Supporter
I know I always start threads on games that the B3D purists would never mention - but play while no one is looking - but come on! Give us some love! Not only the superhero Lego games are always great but this new one looks absolutely incredible.

I'll find some links for you to look at while you pretend to play Destiny or other 'grown up' games.

Dan

EDIT: LINKY! http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/08/14/gamescom-2014-lego-batman-3-goes-beyond-gotham

Games is games as far as I'm concerned. As long as the gameplay is good I'll happily play games with themes anywhere from fluffy unicorn hugging to peeling faces off with hot lead.

Very much looking forward to Batman 3 though. Do we know if there are any new features for this one? Lego games tend to stick rigidly to a formula and evolve the formula once every 5 or 6 games.

I guess Batman 2 was the start of the 'open world' phase of Lego games. I don't know if the space setting of Batman 3 will introduce another shift in gameplay.

Either way I can't wait. Well, actually I will have to as I have too many games on the go at the moment, but as soon as I knock some off my backlog then Batman 3 will be taking up the slack!

I didn't even consider this game until I saw some videos of it. It should be called LEGO DC Universe instead. It is so beyond Batman! It looks like a real gem. They have so many other characters and worlds in it.

Absolutely. I only checked it out by chance and I was very pleasantly surprised at the humour and the myriad of characters you could play as.

My major experience of the Lego games was mining for coins over an evening so my kids could unlock characers in Marvel. I can't say they're something I enjoy playing, but my boys absolutely love the games. Lego + game = perfection for kids.

I still haven't finished the second one... or LOTR... or Marvel. Think I'd rather they just do movies. :p

Hell, just put out a TV series using the game engine rendered at 8K res on quad GPUs 32xAA . Doesn't have to be Renderman quality shading.

Btw, I have bought Lego marvel but still haven't found time to play it. I probably won't buy Lego batman 3 in the near future, but I might buy batman 2 and/or hobbit. Do you guys think it's worth it?

I absolutely loved Lego Marvel Superheroes - it was the first game I ever got a platinum trophy for and if this anything like it's Marvel cousin I'll be a very happy camper. I really hope it's got an open Gotham City to roam around like LMS has an open New York :yes:

I still haven't finished the second one... or LOTR... or Marvel. Think I'd rather they just do movies. :p

Really? You can't tell the difference between Iron Man and Frodo? :LOL: But yeah, the Lego Movie was AWESOME! Batman in that was hilarious and I've love a Lego Batman Movie with that degree of polish and humour. The 2013 Lego Batman DC Universe movie was ok but everything was not awesome :nope:

I think that the level of freedom they have to just mess around with the characters, their humour and basically take the piss out of epic established heroes like Batman and Superman, to name just two, is freaking genius. Call me a big kid but I love this not-taking-oneself-too-seriously kind of stuff.

I think that the level of freedom they have to just mess around with the characters, their humour and basically take the piss out of epic established heroes like Batman and Superman, to name just two, is freaking genius. Call me a big kid but I love this not-taking-oneself-too-seriously kind of stuff.

I've not payed any of the previous Lego Batman games but this is what I loved about loved Lego Star Wars and Lego Marvel Superheroes. To take characters and films I love, which are often serious in tone, then have crazy fun with them.

And the devs clearly love the source material. The amount of random animations across hundreds of characters are phenomenal and there are lots of special animations, nods to the films, woven in. You could have Hulk to grab Loki and smash him on the ground (Avengers Assemble) and Colossus do this special throw move with Wolverine (X-Men 3) and many more.

I'm really looking forward to discovering all this in Batman :yes:

And at first I was surprised that Marvel and DC would let them do all of that, then I thought that their decision process was probably "Yeah well it's Superman (or anyone else), but it's LEGO Superman, let him be a total superpowered retard!" which is pretty much how he's depicted in the games and the movie too.

And at first I was surprised that Marvel and DC would let them do all of that, then I thought that their decision process was probably "Yeah well it's Superman (or anyone else), but it's LEGO Superman, let him be a total superpowered retard!" which is pretty much how he's depicted in the games and the movie too.

Does Lego Superman hate Lego Green Lantern like the Lego Movie?

Green Lantern: Don't worry, Superman, I'll get you out of there!
Superman: [covered in gum] No, don't!
Green Lantern: Oh, my gosh, my hands are stuck. My legs are stuck as well.
Superman: I super hate you.

:LOL:

Does Lego Superman hate Lego Green Lantern like the Lego Movie?

Green Lantern: Don't worry, Superman, I'll get you out of there!
Superman: [covered in gum] No, don't!
Green Lantern: Oh, my gosh, my hands are stuck. My legs are stuck as well.
Superman: I super hate you.

:LOL:

They are pretty much the same characters. But Lantern was quite underused on the last game. I do hope that after the movie, they spend a little bit more time with the funny jokes on the new games, cause that's really what people want to see.

And I also think they should just rename it to Lego DC Superheroes, or something. Like the Marvel one, and have them side by side. Though perhaps Batman (or Superman) will always attract more than the DC name. Something that doesn't apply to Marvel, whose name itself has a lot more weight to it than any of their individual heroes.

And I also think they should just rename it to Lego DC Superheroes, or something. Like the Marvel one, and have them side by side. Though perhaps Batman (or Superman) will always attract more than the DC name. Something that doesn't apply to Marvel, whose name itself has a lot more weight to it than any of their individual heroes.

BRiT said the same thing. I wonder if trying to capitalise on the immediate recognition and current good reputation of Batman (the three Nolan films) and Batman's prominence in the Lego Movie, whereas the recent Superman movie didn't do that great and after Wonder Woman and Green Lantern you're tapping my knowledge of DC Comics!

Mind you before 2008 I had no idea who the hell Iron Man was, but Marvel have been banging out film after film for years. I think they probably have broader recognition as do their key characters: Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Captain America, The X-Men etc.

But hey, it's only a title :yep2:

Kids will love this, though I am a bit worried ... this is, what, the fourth next gen Lego game already? Heh. I personally liked Lego: The Movie the best so far. And it's the only one my son cared to finish, though his friends keep returning also to Lego Marvel ...

Back