LCD purchase help

I think that is actually what he is saying he doesn't want. Many LCDs artificially increase saturation in an attempt to counter poor range.

I doubt it, he is just a spec whore and 92% is higher than 72% even though pretty much nothing either benefits from nor supports wide gamma displays, resulting is said oversaturation.

I doubt it, he is just a spec whore and 92% is higher than 72% even though pretty much nothing either benefits from nor supports wide gamma displays, resulting is said oversaturation.
Well, I had a 72% display with colors that were too washed out, and my current 92% display's saturation is just right, other than viewing photos.

Same video card, BTW.

Well, I had a 72% display with colors that were too washed out, and my current 92% display's saturation is just right, other than viewing photos.

Same video card, BTW.
You may be erroneously attributing the washed out color compared to your newer display simply because it doesn't have a shit panel.
And by may be, I mean most likely.

The NEC that was mentioned above there is the 24" version. I think it cost around a grand. Just a bit over your budget. I think that's the one that will most suit your need.

^^^^^Thanks=]

It doesn't have a glossy screen though, but I actually just yesterday saw a Europe-only 26wmgx3 (or maybe it was 24, 2 inch difference doesn't matter); so I have a few questions:

1. I can't tell from the few pics i saw if it has opticlear/glossy screen. does anyone know if it does?

2. Also, given it has an amva panel is the lag any greater than an ips? what about my fhd 2400 which is a p.o.s. tn panel?

3. It's advertised as 178 deg U/D/L/R but does that automatically mean the viewing angle will be as perfect as an h-ips panel?

4. Will the saturation be any higher than the 20wmgx2 which used an AS-IPS, assuming they have the same color gamut? I had a 20wmgx2, but i got a bad panel, so i sold it and got the Gateway FHD 2400that I currently have.

The NEC LCD2690WUXi-BK (the one I was referring to) is a H-ips panel AFAIK so is the 24" version.

The 26" version has wide gamut while the 24" version is standard gamut.

Both screen doesn't have glossy finished. These are the NEC MultiSync 90 series.

The one you mentioned is I think the NEC AccuSync series. It's not in the same league as those two. So make sure the salesman doesn't try to pass one of this monitor as the European model of the 90 series.

Back