Latest UK Software Charts (PS3 launch numbers)

I think people are forgetting that, at least in the UK and i expect in many other European countries, you could ONLY buy bundles in a lot of the shops, and most of the ones i saw had 2 games in them. and an even higher price of course... so yeah of course there would be lots of software sold...

Not the case here in Germany at all.

You can buy a PS3 without a bundle everywhereI looked other than play.com

Lots of places are offering bundles, not forcing them.

It would be hard to force them, since supply exceeds demand. The first shop that offered non-bundles would get the business and soon everyone would follow. I think the bundle effect was much more real for the 360 do to low supply.

Not the case here in Germany at all.

Not here either. I did get a free BluRay movie (Black Hawk Down) if I bought at least one game with the console though. I bought two anyway ... Resistance and Motorstorm.

Yes. I paid 599€ and got Motorstorm thrown in for free. Bought Resistance separately, somewhere else.

i don't understand why we need sequels for ridge racer when game is always same place with same cars with same cameras with same gameplay with same boring physics

Hmm the last ridge racers i played were on the Playstation 1, i think the series may have moved a bit since then.

at the very least, it removes a talking point for the usual Sony critics who might otherwise shout about poor software attach rates at launch.

It doesn't remove anything. This is the realization of months of pent up demand in the form of preorders, all cashed in in the month of launch. And it has no numbers, being only a ranked chart, without actual sales volumes. If the PS3 had launched in NA outside of the Xmas period, it would have done the same - the PS3 software numbers last year in NA were OK for a normal month, but terrible for Nov-Dec.

...the PS3 software numbers last year in NA were OK for a normal month, but terrible for Nov-Dec.

But then people would be justified in saying "It's only been out a month or two so the market is limited..." in response to those terrible numbers for Nov-Dec. Practically a pointless discussion cos you'd end up going round in circles.

It doesn't remove anything. This is the realization of months of pent up demand in the form of preorders, all cashed in in the month of launch. And it has no numbers, being only a ranked chart, without actual sales volumes. If the PS3 had launched in NA outside of the Xmas period, it would have done the same - the PS3 software numbers last year in NA were OK for a normal month, but terrible for Nov-Dec.

But if it had launched in Japan we'd still see a DS dominated chart and everyone would say it was expected because of the popularity and price of the DS and its software, so I still think it's significant.

On the other hand I'd love to see how the DS and the Wii really do in Europe. I didn't see a single game of either platform in any chart. Surely something by Nintendo should be able to outsell FFXII by now, but I didn't see it. In fact I think in some places (UK for example) Nintendo isn't nearly as hot as in other markets. Hell the PSP might even be beating the DS in that country, who knows?

On the other hand I'd love to see how the DS and the Wii really do in Europe. I didn't see a single game of either platform in any chart.

Well, I vaguely remember a German chart from the beginning of this year which was almost Japanese in its total, 10-of-10 Nintendo domination. But I can't find a link now...

If you dont see any DS games in the charts in europe you need to get glasses ;) The UK charts always have DS games in it. As for the wii you usually have a few lower down the charts.

If you dont see any DS games in the charts in europe you need to get glasses ;) The UK charts always have DS games in it. As for the wii you usually have a few lower down the charts.

I was obviously talking about this week ;) and merely pointed out the fact that if it had been just launched in Japan we'd probably still see a DS dominated chart, that's all.

http://gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=23953

Over 11 years since the original was released, Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars has entered the All Formats charts at number one, knocking software for the newly released PlayStation 3 down the charts.
Sales of Sony's best-selling title Resistance: Fall of Man dropped by 66 per cent, nudging it down to number two in the charts, while MotorStorm sales also fell by 62 per cent, as it reversed into the number three position.

And
1. Command & Conquer : Tiberium Wars (Electronic Arts)
2. Resistance : Fall of Man (Sony)
3. MotorStorm (Sony)
4. Brian Lara International Cricket 2007 (Codemasters)
5. Virtua Tennis 3 (Sega)
6. TMNT : Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Ubisoft)
7. UEFA Champions League 2006 - 2007 (Electronic Arts)
8. Grand Theft Auto : Vice City Stories (Take 2)
9. Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07 (Electronic Arts)
10. Call of Duty 3 : En marche vers Paris (Activision)
11. Medal of Honor Vanguard (Electronic Arts)
12. Def Jam : Icon (Electronic Arts)
13. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 (Ubisoft)
14. Need for Speed Carbon (Electronic Arts)
15. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. : Shadow of Chernobyl (THQ)
16. Fight Night Round 3 (Electronic Arts)
17. Crackdown (Microsoft)
18. F1 Championship Edition (Sony)
19. Test Drive Unlimited (Atari)
20. Programme d'Entraînement Cérébral du Dr Kawashima : quel âge a votre cerveau ? (Nintendo)

Here

Back