Latest Star Trek trailer now available

Edit: And what's with the serious lack of robots in Star Trek? I mean, you think they'd have robots everywhere. I'd definitely want a robot to clean my house.

You don't need robots when you've got Lt Cdr Data: playing the violin; petting his cat; learning what it is to be human; experiencing emotions; being taken over by innumerable alien intelligences; making sweet sweet android luuurrrve to blond security officers etc etc. :D

Although I generally enjoyed the various Star Trek series, I'd always be disappointed when you turned on and it was one of the 'character development' episodes which, with the odd exception, tended towards being as dull as ditchwater.

I found that B5 was even worse than ST in this respect and some of the storylines dragged on interminably though at least B5 did seem to have an overarching plot behind it all.

Edit: And what's with the serious lack of robots in Star Trek? I mean, you think they'd have robots everywhere. I'd definitely want a robot to clean my house.

pft... who needs robots when you can have progammable holograms. :D :love: ;)

You don't need robots when you've got Lt Cdr Data: playing the violin; petting his cat; learning what it is to be human; experiencing emotions; being taken over by innumerable alien intelligences; making sweet sweet android luuurrrve to blond security officers etc etc. :D

Sorry, but I want a dumb robot. All it has to do is clean my house. Dumb robots are useful. Smart robots can beat me up and take my job.

Oh, and while I'm at it. Considering the Dominion genetically engineered their Jem'Hadar to be the ultimate warriors etc etc, why is it that they tend to lose every hand to hand combat fight against the standard Federation bods from DS9? Having middle-aged Irish engineers generally beating the crap out of the opposition crack forces is stretching belief to a certain extent.

Oh, and while I'm at it. Considering the Dominion genetically engineered their Jem'Hadar to be the ultimate warriors etc etc, why is it that they tend to lose every hand to hand combat fight against the standard Federation bods from DS9? Having middle-aged Irish engineers generally beating the crap out of the opposition crack forces is stretching belief to a certain extent.

Lol, very true again. The best is when you watch the fights and realise that often these elite enemies are apparently being knocked unconscious by a light kick in the stomach!

Still all series are guilty of this, your heroes have got to be larger than life :D

I thought holograms weren't actually holograms. Isn't it like, replicator technology that makes them solid? *hangs head in shame*

As far as i'm aware its almost all holograms with tactile feedback being provided by force fields. Its been a while since I read the tech manual!

Lol, very true again. The best is when you watch the fights and realise that often these elite enemies are apparently being knocked unconscious by a light kick in the stomach!

Still all series are guilty of this, your heroes have got to be larger than life :D

My favourite is that weird fighting style from DS9. They never throw a punch. They always clasp their hands together and do these weird two-handed chops and uppercuts. That or everyone and their grandma that owns one of those stupid klingon swords is throwing some kind of hockey-style cross check. Oh, and the whole show was stupid.

At least the new trailer looks like a good action flick, if they're going that route. I'm still hoping that the middle parts of the movie will have some faithful moments with weird sentient goos that eat the red shirts.

My favourite is that weird fighting style from DS9. They never throw a punch. They always clasp their hands together and do these weird two-handed chops and uppercuts.

I'm pretty sure thats not unique to DS9. Both TOS and TNG we're equally challenged in that regard. In fact for the most part, the fighting in DS9 is quite a bit better. Due in no small part to how much Worf and Sisko get to fight bad guys!

I'm pretty sure thats not unique to DS9. Both TOS and TNG we're equally challenged in that regard. In fact for the most part, the fighting in DS9 is quite a bit better. Due in no small part to how much Worf and Sisko get to fight bad guys!

Hey, Kirk had the shoulder roll!

Heh, watching that trailer, I was strongly reminded of the 200th episode of Stargate: SG-1. They were talking about the "Wormhole Xtreme" show, and the lead actor had quit. One of the ideas they had to resurrect the show was to re-imagine it with a younger, edgier cast. This was the result:

Heh, watching that trailer, I was strongly reminded of the 200th episode of Stargate: SG-1. They were talking about the "Wormhole Xtreme" show, and the lead actor had quit. One of the ideas they had to resurrect the show was to re-imagine it with a younger, edgier cast. This was the result:
200 was genius :smile:

Guess I now have to see DS9 which I haven't... The last ST I watched till the end was TNG...
I didn't even know that Worf and O'something were in DS9!!!
The trailler for the movie was great. Not ST great, more like action movie great... I'm not sure if that's good or not but I'm definately watching the movie!

Back