Last Call before the Xbox Reveal: And the Durango hardware is ...

What will be under the Durango hood?

• Total voters
Pfft, it remains to be seen whether cloud rendering brings any huge benefits, plus we already knew about it too.

We knew eventually they were going to be cloud based gaming, but I don't think anyone here "knew" that cloud based compute would be a feature touted right out of the gate with 300k servers on-deck.

Seems MS were embarrassed by their low spec and needed a marketing edge to tout.

If it were truly a planned feature from the get-go and intended to be based on it, why wouldn't they have at least one live demo showcasing the capabilities ready at the show?

It screams PR stunt to me. Not quite 2005 e3 levels, but a stunt none the less.

We knew eventually they were going to be cloud based gaming, but I don't think anyone here "knew" that cloud based compute would be a feature touted right out of the gate with 300k servers on-deck.

Seems MS were embarrassed by their low spec and needed a marketing edge to tout.

If it were truly a planned feature from the get-go and intended to be based on it, why wouldn't they have at least one live demo showcasing the capabilities ready at the show?

It screams PR stunt to me. Not quite 2005 e3 levels, but a stunt none the less.
Not a single second of in game footage......

You haven't been here long enough. It came up in the always online discussion here as one of the reasons for the requirement, bkilian himself suggested it I think.

Back