Last Call before the Xbox Reveal: And the Durango hardware is ...

What will be under the Durango hood?

• Total voters
Can you move my vote to the last option?

I couldn't properly move it (silly admin option isn't available to me), but I did put a +1 into that category.

Traditionally clockspeeds go down not up, as final silicon is produced and the console cooling solutions are tested and refined.

I'm not seeing any significant clock increase at all, as it would mean not only a cooling redesign but also a higher rated power supply, which would add to the expense of the unit for little gain. Plus with DDR3 2183, they can't reasonably clock the memory higher, so they become even more memory bandwidth starved to the main pool, not to mention the GPU ROPs also becoming memory bandwidth starved as the SDRAM remains fixed.

All in all, a clock increase is not as trivial a change as people would like to make it out to be.

AFAIK, this is the "I bet it'll be option A" thread. Not the "I bet you're wrong" thread.
There's too many of those already, with lots of discussion back an forth on why some may think one way or the other.

Clock change as a reaction to PS4's performance is more trivial than changing the memory footprint which has more votes. Why not prove them wrong too?

Voted for vgleaks being spot on, but I'll predict that the ultimate cord cutter SKU with 4G LTE connectivity bundled with LIVE to handle game authentication, messaging, and online play.

another Poll, but on gamers, should be interesting

Xbox-Reveal-Infograph.jpg

It's interesting that the (potentially) big three focuses for MS are also the some of the lowest rated by gamers @ IGN, and that's CoD, Kinnect2, and the go too multimedia box.

It's interesting that the (potentially) big three focuses for MS are also the some of the lowest rated by gamers @ IGN, and that's CoD, Kinnect2, and the go too multimedia box.

meh besides halo cod is the biggest thing on the list. Something new could b anything and everything. I'd love to see something new myself , more so than anything listed. The problem is the something new announced may not be what the poll voters want it to be.

compatible with windows app store
ability to install Windows 8 Pro and runs xbox games under (or over? or multitask?) Windows 8, no need to dual boot.

EDIT:
ooh hardware not software. Bluray disc drive that cant play bluray videos but can be enabled by downloading license file from LIVE.

EDIT2:
Builtin WiFi N. Dual Band.

I will go ahead and throw in. I voted for the "no real spec reveal"..."the madness continues." I expect to hear vague "8 core CPU, next-gen GPU, ESRAM" etc, etc. I do kind of expect there to be a RAM bump to 12gb. Cheap, the boards probably already look like this for the devkits, etc, etc.

Back