Last Call before the Xbox Reveal: And the Durango hardware is ...

What will be under the Durango hood?

• Total voters
It's interesting that the (potentially) big three focuses for MS are also the some of the lowest rated by gamers @ IGN, and that's CoD, Kinnect2, and the go too multimedia box.

Not interesting, pretty much expected. The only reason why Call of Duty sells 20 million and Kinect sells 24 million is that it appeals to multiple demographics instead of just the pure 18-35 male crowd. Kids especially latch on to CoD as anyone can tell if you've played online because of the network effect.

AFAIK, this is the "I bet it'll be option A" thread. Not the "I bet you're wrong" thread.
There's too many of those already, with lots of discussion back an forth on why some may think one way or the other.

Clock change as a reaction to PS4's performance is more trivial than changing the memory footprint which has more votes. Why not prove them wrong too?

Nowhere did I reference you in my post my good man. It was just a general comment on why I think options involving clockspeed changes at this late stage are unlikely.

VG leaks/DF could have been complete bollocks, and MS could very announce a box with more than 8GB of memory, but it wouldn't have been a late change.

You misunderstood my intent. I wasn't proving anyone wrong, merely contributing to the discussion, as this is a discussion forum after all.

MS will be the people to prove any or all of the above suggested option right or wrong in about 2 hours :D

The Xbox is able to offload the Siri like voice recognition, AI and things like an animation system to a cloud.

That's how modern voice rec is done with siri, tellme, google etc... which may be the actual basis of the always connected virtue of xbox next...

Get your votes in if you think you've got the solid info and want to boast about it afterwards. Just a little under 30 minutes left.

Some of the crazy options are very tempting.
It's like betting on the lame horse in a race, it has 0.001% chance of winning, but imagine the fame if it wins! It's all in the attitude afterwards, acting as if you knew it all along.

Are we calling no real or vague mention of specs a win for vgleaks?

It depends on how you view it. I view it as "The madness continues", with bias indicating it as either good or bad news.

Alright, some Xbox live feeds are indicating a start time of right now.

Thats unfortunate. Hopefully they mention them in detail then.

Too late for another poll but how long until they show or tell us something worthwhile. I'm guessing the no show of the ps4 box means we will see the xbox from very early on.

Although these things are known to keep you waiting for the good stuff

Last edited by a moderator:
The only remotely technical items revealed were: USB3.0, WiFi Direct, Blu-ray, native 64 bit architecture, variable power states, Over 5Billion transistors, 8GB RAM, Cloud Computing.

So is the presentation over? Was there anything apart from the name, very loose specs and some unnamed exclusives mentioned? How long did it last?

So is the presentation over? Was there anything apart from the name, very loose specs and some unnamed exclusives mentioned? How long did it last?
They didn't say anything except 5B transistors and 8GB of "ram".
So they purposefully encourage madness.

I don't know how the 5B transistor can be used to discredit or confirm vgleaks.
I'm guessing that's about right though...

EDIT: nevermind, there's an architecture panel going on right now!!

Last edited by a moderator:
The architecture panel mentioned almost nothing at all about the actual architecture, but what little was mentioned follows the leaks we've seen. GPU was claimed to offer 768 operations/clock for example, with no mention of actual clock speed. The lack of specifics can be interpreted as a silent confirmation of current rumors, as if specs had been bumped signficantly to reach parity with or even surpass PS4 then why would MS not have mentioned that?

Looks like I was right! (somewhat)

Same vgleaks specs with the carrot of "cloud compute assist"... Would've been a lot more impressive/impactful if they had at least 1(!) example of a game/demo which was utilizing cloud assisted compute.

The 5B trannies is extremely misleading. The SOC is nowhere near that.

Back