Last book you read?

Narrative? Must be 9 years ago, more or less. It was "Quel pasticciaccio brutto de via Merulana" by Carlo Emilio Gadda.
Poetry? A few weeks ago, "Puro sangue" by Stefania Baldissin.

Haunted by Chuck Palahniuk. I wouldn't say that it is worse than his other books, just very different. Instead of his normal 1 novel craziness, it's more like a 150 pages novel, with no character development, and then 250 pages of short stories and poems that tie into the main story and serve as character development. Very odd, very original, and possibly his craziest yet.

He read one of the short stories, Guts, at some of his book tours. More than 50 people passed out during his readings of the 14 minute story. I don't think any modern author has actually caused people to pass out just from reading a story.

People that went into it expecting a normal Palahniuk novel seemed to be dissapointed, but people who take it for what it is think it's amazing. It really goes deep when you think about it after you're done reading it.

I definitely reccommend it (as I do with all of Chuck's books).

mmmm... I LOVE character development. I like feeling attached to them, and when they die on me i go all depressed. I literally had nightmares after reading The Sparrow.

"The Book of Athyra" by Steven Brust, and I got Dragon and Issola right next to 'em along with Paths of the Dead.

I'm determined to read all the Vladd Taltos books. I've read about 5 of 'em, but not in order and I'm sure I missed a few so I'm just starting from the get go and doing 'em in order. ($25us for all of 'em thru Amazon used. 8) )

I'm also rather desperately trying to find my copy of "The Gun Seller" by Stephen Fry to re-read it as it's one of my fave books every. (Yes the "Dr. House", "Bits of Fry and Laurie" Stephen Fry....it's his first book and it's an excellent spy adventure with some killer dry humor.)

Back