L226WTQ-WF and xbox 360

Obsidian

Newcomer
i purchased a L226WTQ-WF , i have my PC connected to it via the digital input and the 360 via the analog, my issue is when i check my analog resolution via the monitor menu button it states its 1024x768, my 360 is set to 13xx by 10xx resolution but it seems the monitor isnt picking this up. To make things worse my 360 thinks its hoocked up via a digital conection becouse i cant adjust it to 720p like you can when its hooked up with a normal tv it simply states different resolutions.

Any one know how you can adjust the analog resolution of the monitor. Its like i wasted $400 on this monitor, everything is fine about it except for this.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

That's odd... 1280*720 should show up.

I'm guessing you mean 1360*768. Have you tried other settings like 1280*768?

yes 1360*768, i can set my 360 to display all the standard resolutions but the stated resolution on the monitor itself in analog mode stays at 1024 by 768 that doesnt change.

If you hook up a 360 to a standard deff tv the resolution options change to 420p, 720p, 1080I it wont state it in actual resolution [eg 1360 * 768] but for some reason when im using the analog conection of the monitor it doesnt detect this and states in as a digitial signal on the xbox 360.

its like the 360 is outputting at one signal and monitor is displaying another, well according to what it says anyway.

It is possible the monitor may not understand the incoming signal, and thus it is doing its own scaling - kinda like "unsupported resolution". Hopefully someone else here may know...

its like the 360 is outputting at one signal and monitor is displaying another, well according to what it says anyway.
Is a signifgant portion of the image missing? If not then obviously the monitor is just reporting the wrong resolution.

What does the monitor report when you set the 360 to output 1280x720?

it displays the resolution i can live with that, but why it wont show the higher one is beyond me. does it have anything to do with windscreen or aspect ratio.

Back